Nader, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

Looking for home in Santa Clara - budget 750K

Asked by Nader, Santa Clara, CA Thu Nov 22, 2012

I am looking to buy a home in SC/95051/0. have 2 year old twin girls, public schools are important. spacious family and living rooms a must w nice backyard (no swimming pool). Is it possible? Email me at fara815@yahoo.com if you have a listing with this specifications. Thank you

Which is more important to you -- better schools or larger space?
To meet your budget you will have to weigh the tradeoff.

Homes in this price point exist, but are you okay with Santa Clara schools? Are you looking for an off-market housing opportunity? Are you comfortable with dual agency?

Feel comfortable calling me to ask your direct questions-Just Call 408-252-8900. I will give you honest answers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Best to go directly to a LOCAL pro at "Find a Pro" in the header of this website for local advice.
Hello Nader.

I am a real estate agent and live in 95051. I can certainly give you some recommendations on the area and the schools as I have three girls of my own and my wife is a teacher. I can set you up with automatic emails from MLS when homes in your criteria become active. I would need other data from you like size of home, etc. Contact me if you are interested.
Hi Nader,

Bill, as typical, provides solid advice.

Buying a home, whether a first time home buyer or seller looking to move, one should investigate qualifying for a new purchase. In order of priority, here's what I would suggest you do:

1) Find a professional Realtor® to work with to protect you interests.
Simply put, your Realtor® will be able to answer initial key questions and guide you through the process. One of the key advantages of involving your Realtor® is access to seasoned Mortgage Broker/Bankers with a track record of getting the job done. You can check to make sure an Agent is a Realtor® by going here: http://www.realtor.org/rofindrealtor.nsf/pages/FS_FREALTOR?O…

2) Obtain a "True Pre-Approval" (your most important step in my opinion).
You MAY need to improve your credit score, increase cash reserves, etc. before buying; however, at least you will have a roadmap to eventually purchasing if this is the case. Furthermore, this step can save you from wasting money on a purchase that does not close escrow!

3) Make sure you obtain access to your local AND regional Realtor® MLS data via an automated search your Realtor® should most certainly create for you; here's why:
MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”

4) Avoid Dual Agency!
There are specific duties an Agent must provide. When one individual represents both Buyer and Seller conflict between two of the most important duties occur.

In addition, since Schools are important to your search and most Buyers do not look forward to calling the school district every time they find a property to check attendance area (the only way of CONFIRMING what school a child may attend) there is nonetheless a very useful tool you can use for your initial research: http://www.SchoolAndHousing.com Based on property address, "S&H" provides attendance area schools (Public, Private and Daycares) along with useful statistics and other information you should appreciate.

Best of luck with your home search!

Hello Nader,
You can certainly find a home such as you describe in that specific zip code but, you would have a much better range of options with equally good schools etc in many other Santa County cities and neiborhoods.
Every LOCAL Realtor on this forum will be able to provide you with details of EVERY property listed, and to show them to you no matter who the Listing Agent is. It would be very inefficient way to conduct your search if you have to deal only with the listing agent for each property.
A better way is to select an Buyers Agent to work with you to see all properties of interest at the same time.