Looking for good school districts

Asked by vickwiz, Discovery Bay, CA Mon Mar 3, 2014

Am looking for a 3 bed house within a budget of $450K in a good school district. I know its very difficult to get good houses within the above constraints. So wanted to check with the group to see if there's any special insight that could help with this.

Answers

6
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2014
Hi Vickwiz,

There certainly is a correlation between school APIs and the demand for a particular housing area. In this regard, I would suggest you take a look at http://www.SchoolAndHousing.com

Based on property address, this site provides attendance area schools (Public, Private and Daycares) along with useful statistics and other information you should appreciate. They also have a cellphone mobile application, which is quite handy when you are viewing homes! Just access the website on your mobile phone to download the app. NOTE: Before making an offer on a property call the School District to CONFIRM the schools the property will feed to!

They also have a cellphone/mobile application, which is quite handy when you are viewing homes! Just access the website on your mobile phone to download the app.
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Mar 4, 2014
, ,
Tue Mar 4, 2014
I would be more than happy to try and help you find this home. It will be difficult. Email me if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
Alice Chin, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2014
In most really good school districts, you'll find pricey homes. So you might have to look at condos and town houses too to stay within your budget.
Artur Urbans…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Tue Mar 4, 2014
Try a new website schoolscout.com. You can look for houses by specific school districts and you can select API and look for homes in the the school districts with these APIs. It is great for both, buyers and agents.
Keith Boswor…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Mar 3, 2014
You can always try greatschools.com. They have post from past students and parents that have or have children that have attended schools in 94404. I looked up the Ratings for schools in Foster City and the only one that scored a 3 out of 5 stars is Mercy High School. All the other schools have at least a 4 star rating. This includes all grade levels. 450k is pretty low in this are but I would rule it out. Listings change from day to day. I hope this helps you. If you need anything else, feel free to send me an email at keith@ariserealty.com

Keith L. Bosworth
Arise Realty