Looking for advice, as anyone ever had a tenant from hell ,I have a family that has not paid rent for 4 months have destroyed my house in&out . Help

Asked by Maryhelen Bustamante, Whittier, CA Tue Aug 13, 2013

Need any advice I have rented my home 4 app, 28 yrs never had a problem ,this family may have a pattern of moving around freeloading, I have never seen such a dirty home it's shocking please help, thank you

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nancy Villas…, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
I would recommend contacting a Real Estate Attorney that can assist you with filing eviction paperwork.
0 votes
Yvonne Simon, Agent, Whittier, CA
Tue Oct 15, 2013
I would try and ask them to just give you back possession of the property without you having to ruin there credit and marking there record with an eviction that will last for 10yrs, if that doesn't work I know this may seem unorthodox but you may want to offer them some $ to vacate the home if for example you can get them to move by end of week for $1,000.00 you will save yourself some money and time in the long run, right now courts are running extremely behind on their Unlawful Detainers right now due to the court closures,filing fees alone are going to cost you $300.00 and that is doing it yourself which I don't recommend.Please call me to discuss your options further @562-902-2288 ask for Yvonne
0 votes
Pchandler, Home Buyer, Whittier, CA
Tue Oct 15, 2013
When you get them out. Let me know. I would love to rent a lovely home and I am very meticulous. You would enjoy renting to me.
0 votes
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
We offer "problem tenant services" - though not in your area - and deal with tenants like this all the time. The FIRST thing to do is consult with an attorney who does landlord/tenant law in the town where the property is located and is familiar with all applicable regulations in that town. You don't want to file an Unlawful Detainer action by yourself, you need an attorney to do it right. I've taken over eviction projects for dozens of landlords who thought they could do it themselves with the "lawyer in a box" approach and it never goes well. Also don't trust a property manager to do this for you - you need an attorney. We do initial 3 Day Pay Rent Or Quit Notices, inspections and investigations, but always bring in an attorney when it's time to file the complaint. About 75% of the time the tenant will claim that you have not maintained the property "in an inhabitable condition" (I think they all get those words off the Internet) and will ask the court to reduce the amount of rent due and give them a few months to find another place to live - meanwhile living in the property rent-free. A good attorney will nip that in the bud.
If you decide to inspect the property prior to going to court, make sure to photograph everything.
Good luck!
0 votes
Yvonne Simon, Agent, Whittier, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
You need to file an Unlawful Detainer ASAP the problem will not resolve itself and the courts are extremely back logged due to the court closures, I also don't recommend handling it yourself but having a eviction company process it for you if you have any questions you can call email @ Yvonne@superiormgmt.com, I run a full service Property Management firm in Whittier that manages over a 150 properties Good luck!!!
0 votes
Thank u Yvonne,I think I will contact u where r u located
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013
Jorge Granad…, Agent, Whittier, CA
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hello Mary,

I am sorry to hear that you are having serious problems with a tenant. Your posting leaves one to make a very general answer which may or may not apply to your specific situation. If you would care to give me a call at 562-907-4349 I would be glad to try and give you some assistance.

Best regards,
Jorge Granados
BRE # 01323782
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Whittier Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more