Looking for a wheelchair accessible apartment to buy in White Plains, close to downtown shopping. Any ideas?

Asked by Joanne Wall, White Plains, NY Sun Mar 1, 2009

Does 50 N. Bdwy. have an accessible side entrance since the front has steps? Any info on the Cameo Bldg.?

Answers

6
Lewis Kanner, , White Plains, NY
Wed Nov 18, 2009
Hi Joanne,
Just saw your question. Units do become available. I do have some in mind. In order to help you, I would need to speak to you and find out your specific needs. If you would like to discuss your particular requirements, you can reach me at either lkannerrealtor@optimum.net or (914) 420-4529.
Looking forward to helping you,
Lew Kanner
Certified Buyer Representative
Better Homes and Gardens Rand
Robin Lynch, , Westchester County, NY
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Hi Joanne,

One condo complex that comes to mind is Jefferson Place in White Plains that is located on Greenridge Avenue. There is a 2/2 unit available that is wheelchair accessible with no steps.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
Deborah Cama…, Agent, Riverdale, NY
Mon Nov 2, 2009
Hi Joanne,
I know of a one bedroom condo for under $300,000 that is totally wheechair accessible. What's great about it is that the parking space is covered and there are no inclines whatsoever into the unit. The bathroom is oversized and completely up to code with proper handrails in the bathtub/shower and commode. It in an easy walk to shopping. I would be pleased to show you this unit.
Deborah Camacho
Steven S. Ge…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Tue Mar 3, 2009
Joanne,

Many of the older Co-Ops in White Plains unfortunately are not wheelchair accessible. Both 50 N. Broadway and the Cameo house have steps.

There are some buildings (Condos & Co-Ops) in White Plains that would suit your needsIf you expand your search outside of White Plains to villages like Hartsdale, you will find more availabilty that fit this particular criteria.

Steve Geiger, GRI
RELO Certified
Licensed Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence, Inc.
914-328-8400 ext 375
914-263-5275
sgeiger@houlihanlawrence.com
http://www.houlihanlawrence.com/stevengeiger
Debra Goodwin, Agent, Irvington, NY
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Hi Joanne,

There are a couple of buildings on Lake St, specifically 30 Lake St in White Plains that have first floor units that come on the market and are accessible with no steps. The specific one that I showed has been sold, but I am sure there are other options in a few other buildings. You could set up an automatic search through an agent and the MLS system that would notify you when a condo that met your specifications comes on the market.

Debra
., , Outer Sunset, San Francisco, CA
Sun Mar 1, 2009
Joanne,
By the question it seems you are more interested in a co op then a condo. I would love to help you if you are interested. Please click on my name if I can be of help.
Andrew Silfen
914 844 0007