Looking for a safe diverse liberal community in FL other than Miami. We are planning to relocate from NYC and would like a smooth transition?

Asked by Irarwen, Wed Mar 6, 2013

Answers

7
Joseph Polet…, Agent, JACKSONVILLE, FL
Wed Mar 13, 2013
As a former New Yorker myself, I have grown to love Jacksonville. Jacksonville is still largely an undiscovered secret. It is a great place to live!
Jacksonville is the largest in the contiguous United States at 774 square miles. Our beautiful city is situated inside Duval County in Northeast Florida. The surrounding counties and cities, while not inside city limits, are suburbs of the city. St Johns County, just south of city limits includes Ponte Vedra Beach, Ponte Vedra, Nocatee, St. Johns and St. Augustine. Clay County, southwest of city limits, includes Orange Park, Green Cove and Middleburg.

The mighty St. Johns River, flows north separating Clay and St. Johns County south of the city through the downtown area and out to the Atlantic Ocean. The location is a prime spot for Florida waterfront real estate. Buyers have many options for waterfront property including oceanfront, intracoastal front, marsh front, river front and lake front.

With mild winters, bright blue skies and abundant sunshine, many have decided in recent years to relocate to this gorgeous, fun city.
Jacksonville is an optimal mix of urban charm and rural beauty. Attractions include Jacksonville Landing, many museums and art venues, Jacksonville Beach, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens and the Museum of Science and History. The city is also home of the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars. There are many options for buyers. Despite its large size, the city has an abundant supply of single family homes that are affordable.

Jacksonville condominiums and townhomes also provide Jacksonville FL homes for sale options for those wanting lower maintenance or a more affordable option for oceanfront living. Whatever you are looking for: waterfront property, oceanfront property, intracoastal real estate, preserve view, golf course property you can find it here at still affordable prices!!

If I can provide any additional information on why I think Jacksonville is a great place to live, please do not hesitate to contact me at 904.738.6446 or josephpoletto@yahoo.com

Joseph Poletto
Watson Realty
904.738.6446/401.450.9720
josephpoletto@yahoo.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Hi Ira....

Don't overlook the Sarasota/Venice locations. This location is a social and cultural "hot spot" that is enhances by the arts. It's centrally located, making it easy to transition to Tampa, Orlando, or Naples in less than 90 minutes.

There are many great choices but we strongly recommend not overlooking this area...it's truly a special location that attracts visitior from all over the world.

Bill Eckler
Broker Associate

941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
GRI, Five-Star Award, Top Producer
Nicole Alvar…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Mon Mar 11, 2013
St Johns, is a great area to enjoy all the beauty Florida has to offer. The weather is wonderful and since we are in NE Florida you will get a slight change of season with the occasional cold snap come December-March. Many different areas to choose from including St. Augustine. Having lived in Miami myself for over 10 years I am more than happy to assist with any question you may have. Feel free to call me anytime. Nicole Alvarez, Realtor 904-548-3032. Thanks!
Myra Jill Ba…, Agent, Hawthorne, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I would suggest Gainesville, where the university of Florida is. It is a very diversified and holistic community. Small enough (150,000) to get to know neighbors and large enough to have all the conveniences one would need.

Jill Barker, Realtor
352-481-2376
Luann Allen, Agent, Saint Augustine, FL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
St Augustine is a great place to live. It is a very artsy towm, and of course it is the oldest city in the country. Slightly slower pace, but terrific place to live.

If you want something a little larger, Jacksonville is only 35 miles away, and also has some great areas with character.

Please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to help you. You can reach me at 904-826-6633
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Have you considered Orlando? Probably more diverse than Miami, definitely liberal based on the electoral maps, and much safer than Miami. There are great deal in housing still available, good schools, community colleges and universities. Cutting edge medical institutions and research facilities. Plus all the fun theme parks and the top of the line shopping districts, outlet malls, great dinning. Sports arena, football, performing arts. Think of it as all the good from Miami without the not so good.

Use my website to see what is available in our area:
http://www.SearchKissimmeeHomes.com

Check local events:
http://www.wftv.com/s/icflorida/

Call me with any comments or questions.

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
407-791-9086
AVegaPacheco@aol.com
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Wed Mar 6, 2013
Why don't you want to move to Miami?
I heard that it is very expensive and we are looking to buy a big home.
Flag Wed Mar 6, 2013