Looking for a reliable and honest agent for home buying

Asked by Ashok, Fremont, CA Mon Jun 27, 2011

I am planning to buy an investment property in Las Vegas. My specification as follows
1) High rise condo in strip
2) independent house in a good neighborhood
10 years or younger

either way I am planning to hold for 10 years. looking for positive cash flow (after mortgage, tax, prop. mgmt, and other expense) I am already pre-approved and can make 20-30% down payment.

willing to close immediate.

Answers

42
Ashok, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Jul 1, 2011
David, you never respond my phone call, left many voice mail, please stop giving advise.
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Ashok, just a cautionary note. You specifically asked for a "reliable and honest agent." As you review the responses please take care to see if the responder is actually a licenced agent or not. One, for example, is not an agent but may appear to be so at first glance. Since Trulia does not screen who joins the conversation or their credentials, you will have to take caution when reading the responses. The public/buyers/sellers/anyone are open and welcome to communicate here as long as they don't provide/solicit services that require a license. First look at their title under their name. When in doubt, you can always look up licenses here: http://red.prod.lookup.nv.gov/SearchCriteria.asp.

Happy house hunting,
-John
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Pick me, pick ME, please please PLEASE PICK ME!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm not from LV.

I have to say Ashok, the best way of choosing an agent isn't soliciting here- it only leads to the type of responses you have gotten here and that is far from helpful. I understand that you are/were in a time crunch and your time in Vegas was/is limited but other than looking at agents' responses to a variety of questions, the best way of choosing an agent is by actually interviewing them and you need to interview more than one.

If you are serious about investing, get serious about how you choose an agent.
June Stark, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jun 28, 2011
The High rise condos on the strip will not give you the postive cash flow you are seeking after HOA dues and taxes. My thoughts are that you are better off buying a single family residence in a nice masterplan in Green Valley or Summerlin.

Some of the high rise condos are financeable, but the fact of the matter is that on the better deals - repos - short sales - you will be competing with al cash buyers.

3 or 4 bedroom single level pool homes will meet your investment objectives.

Please visit http://www.lasvegasforeclosureworld.com & http://www.lasvegasluxuryhimes.com to research the Las Vegas and Henderson NV real estate markets. We look forward to hearing from you.
Renee Burrows, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Ashok! As others have mentioned, Condos are having financing issues. I have outlined the reasons in a blog post linked below. You may want to consider getting approved for Homepath financing which helps you skirt around the condominium certification issue on select Fannie Mae properties. It can also help you leverage yourself outside of regular conventional financing if you anticipate you may want to buy more than one property. Also allows a lower down payment for investors.
Brian Mannas…, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Ashok,

I am your guy!

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Brian Mannasmith
Coldwell Banker Wardley
REALTOR
BrianSellsLasVegas@gmail.com
702-335-5335
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Ashok. You might have a difficult time making a high-rise cash flow because of the high association fees. Also, it is very difficult (but not impossible) to find financing for high-rises. A single-family home may works better for you. Let's talk. 702-808-9816.
Web Reference:  http://www.houseofvegas.com
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Janardan, so you don't advise your clients to buy the best cash-flow and/or appreciation properties? A $150k home in Las Vegas would cost $650k in in the Silicon Valley area where Ashok is from and the cash flow / cap rate will be less. Acquisition cost and cash flow in Las Vegas are better than nearly anywhere else in the U.S. which is why investors and snapping up houses under $200k at record pace.
Janardan "Re…, Agent, Fort Lee, NJ
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Dear Ashok:

As an experienced real estate agent and an appriaser, unless you are planning to go frequently to Vegas, it is not worth buying property which is too far away. Limit your investments to a radius of 30 to 50 miles. There should be plenty of auction properties in CA. There are so many issues with a tenant. You should not waste a few hours of your time traveling. I advised my friend the same about investment in Florida.

J Reddy Nukalapati
201-914-7126
Helen Michel, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Ashok,
I am getting the feedbacks from this post all the time since I am active on the site and I have a question for the host of the post : are you really looking to buy or just testing the grounds ??
Lots of agents both in Las Vegas and out of state responded to you but I do not see much of a feed back from you at least thanking people for the information provided ?? Maybe I am out of line or maybe I have been in real estate business long enough ?? Not sure but I do respect and provide the best service to those that respect me, my time and what I do for a living !!
You are looking for an investment property and asking people on a short notice to show you MGM Signature hotel-condos with $500/monthly HOA and appointment only !! Really ??!!What is it , an audition ?? I have a lot of very nice and real buyers contacting me here, hope you were just misunderstood ??!!

Looking forward to your responce !! Guess someone had to write this post ??!!

Warm regards,
Helen Michel
Agnes Tabor, Agent, Naples, FL
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Dear home Buyer,

Have you tried googling Rael estate agent and the town you are interested in? Also, you might try searching for an agent with a designation such as ABR Acredited Buyers Representitice, REALTOR; once on the site insert your town for referrals. These folks have gone that extra mile to get a little more education.

I have both the designations mentioned and am a Real Estate Professionl Licensed In The state of Florida.

Good luck to you.

Agnes Tabor,REALTOR
ABR,ePRO
Naples,Florida
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Hello Ashok,
I recommend interviewing at least three local agents. Just about everyone can perform the responsibilities you have outlined. But, you're looking for specific experience and expertise. A property management company is probably your best bet. You should also spend some time talking with the agents you choose to interview. Make sure they communicate well, show a deep and broad knowledge of the market and they know details of what you want to accomplish.

SuZ
PML of Longmont, CO
Sharon Lewis, Agent, Cary, NC
Thu Jul 7, 2011
I have a terrific realtor I have referred other clients to, who can probably help you out. Send me an email at
Sharon@SharonLewisHomes and I will connect you two. Thank you.
Jerry Jenkins, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jul 4, 2011
I can show you MGM units on Monday morning but I need a few more details from you to make sure that I only show you units that fir what you are looking for. Call me at 702-885-2156 to discuss today. Jerry
John Longeway, Agent, Henderson, NV
Mon Jul 4, 2011
HI Ashok,
I would like to help you but I am meeting with some of my clients for a closing at Title Co. on Tuesday morning. If you would like to have me help you with your search, give me a call and we can discuss further.
John J. Longeway
Keller Williams Realty Southern Nevada
office:702-777-0002
cell: 702-325-4833
email: jjlongeway-homes@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.JJLVRealtor.com
John Brassner, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Sorry, Ashok, I won't be available. However, keep my contact info for next time. With more advanced notice, I would be happy to help. I would also like to go over the cash flow numbers with you for each property type just to make sure you aren't missing anything important to your investment goals.

________________________________
John A. Brassner, MBA, REALTOR®
Residential â–ª Commercial â–ª Business Sales
________________________________

Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
10777 W. Twain Ave #333
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Fax: 702-995-0488
Email: john@john4realty.com
http://www.HouseOfVegas.com
Ashok, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Hi There,
I am in Las Vegas till Tuesday morning 7/5 @10 AM, can any agent help me seeing MGM signature properties. I am close to that area, please answer this question or unicast me if anyone interested to help me viewing that property.

Tnx,
Ashok
Ashok, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Hi There,
I am in Las Vegas till Tuesday morning 7/5 @10 AM, can any agent help me seeing MGM signature properties.
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Ashok, most of my communication is by email and there seems to be a lot of interested investors wanting my advice. I had an especially busy week. Sorry we miscommunicated. I hope you find a great deal.

David Cooper! Las Vegas Foreclosure Specialist with 35 years experience. For Freee Daily List email davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org or Call +1-7024997037
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jul 1, 2011
I am having good luck Bank owned foreclosures on 3 bed 2 bath houses Getting positive cash flow and 18% to 20% ROI.
High rise condo on strip have very high HOA like $700 a month. Hard to make cash flow on these right now.

Mark Fleysher, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Hello Ashok,

How is your home search moving?

- -
Penny OBrien, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jun 29, 2011
There are many qualified agents out there. I'd be happy to work with you or at least discuss Real Estate with you. Feel free to give me a call. Thank you,

Penny O'Brien with SImply Vegas
702.321.9383
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Jun 28, 2011
Hi, Go with a rferral from someone you know, they are always the best source of business for me.

Chris
Web Reference:  http://raveis.com/chrispagli
Max Powers,…, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Looking for a reliable and honest agent for home buying?

You just found him!
Rhonda Brink…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Just interview Realtors, ask for credentials, awards , experience, how many years in the business and are they natives of Vegas or not . Check the Division and Board of Realtors for complaints and ask for their past cients that you can talk to .
Jenaya Mendez, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Good afternoon Ashok,
I would be more than happy to assist you with you high rise and single family purchase. My team and partner, Dave Grant have plenty of experience in these types of investment purchases. Please contact me and I can send you listings top view at your leasure. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to be of assistance. Have a great day!

Jenaya Mendez
Realty Executives
Jenaya.Mendez@RealtyExecutives.com
702-873-4500
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Ashok
I would be happy to help. I like to set up a personal web page for clients. You will have all the available properties within your criteria in one place. When you see a property that looks good I can video it in most cases and send you a You Tube link for you to get a better look. Photos do not always give you the best view of the property. My partner Dave Fahrny and I are both licensed agents with Realty One Group. Please visit our web site at http://www.LasVegasRealEstators.com or http://www.Facebook.com/Fahrnyteam We are available to help in anyway we can.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Realty One group
Fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
702-234-7653
http://www.FaceBook.com/Fahrnyteam
Heidi Austin, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi, Ashok, from your question I gather you have had run-ins with agents that give all of us a bad name, I am sorry. Now lets try the other kind.
If you would like to get in touch with me please don't hesitate, Heidi, Realty One, 702-596-9843, hlatours@cox.net
Michele Dutc…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Ashok,

I can help with the independent house in a good neighborhood.....if you would like to buy a new home. You would be surprised at the new home pricing and how competative it is to resale. Plus if you are only holding for 10 years you would have a 1 year limited warranty and then a 10 year structural warrantly.

If I can help please send me an email @ MicheleDutchess@gmail.com or call my cell: 702-324-9281

Warmest Regards,

Michele Dutchess
New Home Sales Agent
John Longeway, Agent, Henderson, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Ashok,
I can help you with your plan. Call or shoot me an email and we can get this going.
John J. Longeway
Keller Williams Realty So. Nevada
office: 702-777-0002
cell: 702-325-4833
Russell Arno…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Ashok,
I'm definitely up to the task! My team and I will gladly assist you and provide any information you need to help make a decision. We are a full service real estate brokerage and will make all necessary arrangements for offers, escrow, title, inspections, appraisal and closing, as it might be difficult for you to take care of from out of state. We also offer property management and property preservation. We will be your "eyes and ears" here to assist and advise you through the process. I will gladly provide references at your request. Please call me at your convenience to discuss your upcoming purchase.
Russ

Russell Arnold
(702) 501 2992
sellvegas@yahoo.com
Innovative Real Estate Strategies
Las Vegas, R…, , North Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Ashok!

Find your investment property from my site by clicking the button that says, "Property Search". You will be instantly connected with every listing updated daily, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Sign up to be a valued VIP member and be the first to know about the newest listings on the market, schedule viewings, and request additional information on any available listing.

Let me know!

Oronde Glaspie, SFR
702.553.6009
orondeg@americanagrp.com
http://www.1realpropertyinfo.com
Web Reference:  http://1realpropertyinfo.com
Rena Levy, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Ashok,

working with investors from all over the world, I decided to make a dream reality, and become an International Real Estate agent. I am licensed in Israel and U.S.A and established connections in different countries. Helping investors find the perfect investment properties with the best return is my goal. If you are looking for a great investment and want to work with a professional, contact me and I'll be happy to put my knowledge and experience to work for you.,

Full time Real Estate Broker/Associate in Las Vegas and the Clark County, Nevada. Over 15 years experience in Real Estate Investment properties. Licensed in two countries and conducting real estate business internationally.
One stop shop that offers AAA+ service that includes a team of professionals and certified: Appraisers,attorneys,building inspectors,property management,title/escrow companies,insurance agencies, Certified Tax advisors (CPA), translators, Contractors/small repairs and more.

My knowledge and experience of the local and international market has helped me develop a unique marketing strategy that helps many investors accomplish their goals and find the best investments. Fluent in Hebrew, Spanish & English. Certified Short Sale "CDRS" & experience in foreclosures and bank owned properties. Armed with the training & knowledge of the short sale & foreclosure market & know the working of it from Real Estate to E-commerce.

Let me be your international real estate agent andbring the orld to you!

World-Wide Real Estate.
"Bringing the world to you.."
.
"Bringing the world to you.." working with investors from all over the world, I decided to make a dream reality, and become an International Real Estate agent. I am licensed in Israel and U.S.A and established connections in different countries. Helping investors find the perfect investment properties with the best return is my goal. If you are looking for a great investment and want to work with a professional, contact me and I'll be happy to put my knowledge and experience to work for you.,

Rina Levy
Realty Executives
702-418-0791 Direct
cvegashomes@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.cvegashomes.com
Steve Turman, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Ashok,

I have an investor newsletter I send out monthly. There is one kind of home where you can receive a small positive cash flow and good potential appreciation once our market returns. You won't cash flow on a high rise. The monthly fees will take any available cash flow.

Please email me for a copy of the newsletter. References available. There is no obligation.

Steve Turman

sturman99@gmail.com
Christopher…, Agent, Henderson, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Ashok,
Sounds like you have a plan on what type of properties you want, cash flow, and some expenditures.
I recommend you have a plan for interviewing Realtors. Start with web-pages, read testimonials, do a phone interview for experience (which will be revealed in sales and systems not longevity of a license) and then follow your best instinct.
I hope you call me to interview but, either way, I wish you the best.
Chris Dowlen
702-806-1764
Web Reference:  http://www.teamdowlen.com
Tina Encheva, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Good afternoon Ashok,
I specialize in working with Buyers only.I would love to help you purchase single family residence in Las Vegas.Please provide me with your e-mail address and I will send you homes in different areas of the Valley.Are familiar with the town?

Please let me know if you have any questions,I will be happy to answer them.

Tina Encheva,Realtor
TinaE@RealtyOneLV.com
702-292-1156
Danya Gresham, Home Buyer, Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi!
I'm surprised that you don't have an answer! I'd love to help you out, give me a call or shoot me an email and we'll see what we can find you!

Danya
702-375-5438
danya@buyvegashouses.com
Jerry Jenkins, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
I think you have made a good start on your list for a rental property investment but I would like to mention a few more things to considering adding.
Title; are you going to title in your personal name or in an LLC or Trust? Talk to an attorney and accountant for pros and cons each way.
Property Management company; I have a good one to recommend.
Have you considered a Hotel/Condo which COULD allow you to claim it as your permanent residence to avoid CA state income tax and provide rental income when you are not there.
I got my Realtor license because I got tired of dealing with
Asela Engel, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Ashok,

It might be very tough to get financing for any of the high rise condos and a matter of fact even regular condos. Lenders have different guidelines for financing high rise condos and even with 50% down, it might still be hard unless you may go to some hard money lenders.

As far as the independent house, do you mean a single family residence (detached)? If so, do you have specific area you are looking at and what is the maximum purchase price?. You only mentioned you have been pre-approved with 20-30% down, so you can get a conventional loan easily but the location, i.e. south west, nortwest and how far did you want from the strip?

Pls contact me for more info.

Asela V engel
702-812-8737
Edgar Escobe…, Agent, Las Vega, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Ashok,
Exciting to hear you are interested in purchasing in our wonderful city. If you can send me an email with the price range you are interested in, i'd be more than happy to provide you with a list of available properties. Please confirm with your lender in regards to the financing that they have available for the High Rise Condos on the Strip. Some lenders do not offer financing for these condos.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Edgar Escobedo
Broker/Salesperson
Prudential Americana Grp (R)
Direct (702) 755-6957
edgare@americanagrp.com
Helen Michel, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Mon Jun 27, 2011
I think I can help you, please see my web site below, I work with a lot of investors and even have financing options for high rise projects that are hard to come by

Warm regards,
Helen Michel
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hopefully you do know it will be different financing if it is an investment property! Right?