Home Buying in Astoria>Question Details

Kathy, Home Buyer in Astoria, Queens, NY

Looking for a relatively new condo in the 200-300k range in astoria-woodside... where is a good place to look?

Asked by Kathy, Astoria, Queens, NY Thu Oct 29, 2009

... where is a good place to look? I heard they are extending the 8K deadline till April 10 and would like to find a good investment apt.

Answers

5
Esterlita Beja’s answer
Hello Kathy,

Congratulations!

The Tax Credit was expanded for the First -timers and the repeat buyer s like my other colleagues mentioned this doesn't apply to any investment properties. If you want to learn more about the Expanded Home Buyer Tax Credit and learn about the MARKET in Astoria and Woodside visit my listingbook website and get a FREE account so you could start your search and learn more about the Expanded Home Buyer Tax Credit by following the LINK. Goodluck!
Hi Kathy. A couple of the answers you've already received are on point as the Fed tax credit does not extend to investment property. Having said that, the major problem is you'll be hard pressed to find any abundance of Condominium properties in your price range and specific location. A bit of flexibility for location can produce options.

I am aware of property that fit your price criteria but we would need to talk at length. I am always happy to work with serious, pre-approved customers. Feel free to contact me anytime. Regards.

Joseph C. Hastings
Prudential Douglas Elliman
joseph.hastings@prudentialelliman.com
The tax credit unfortunately does not include investment properties; with that said if you are unsure as to where to buy, now is the time to explore-- visit a few areas--check out transportation, shopping, dine at local eateries and check anything else of importance to you, then take it from there. The ultimate decision is yours and yours alone.
Hello Kathy,
You can search ALL Real Estate property listing by YourSelf at http://www.MehmetRealtor.net (for Queens)
•Search for your dream property using the best source of information available
•Make an informed decision - you have access 24/7 to in-depth
detail on properties, price history, photos and more!
•Search the MLS Database just like me (Agent)
•Shop for your home anywhere, anytime and rely on my expertise when you need it!
Just visit at http://www.MehmetRealtor.net
GOOD LUCK, Please let me know if you have any question!
MEHMET at (718)530-2771
info@MehmetRealtor.net
Licensed Associate Broker
CBR-Certified Buyer Representative
GRI - Graduate Realtor Institute
Please keep in mind that the first time homebuyer credit is not for investment properties.
If you would like to buy something, one place to start is on the website for MLS Long Island, that covers Queens as well. Go to http://www.mlsli.com. You can get an idea of what is around in your price range. I am sure you will also get answers from realtors, and that is another good thing to do. Speak to a few different realtors, and find the one that you click with.
If you would like advice on financing this purchase, please feel free to give me a call.

Robin Silverberg
Private Mortgage Banker
Luxury Mortgage Corp.
516-972-1687