Looking for a property to purchase in the Ocean City area. Considering North Ocean City, West Ocean City and Ocean Pines....

Asked by Karen G, Ocean City, MD Mon Mar 21, 2011

Have a lot of experience staying in Ocean City over the years and really like the bayside in North Ocean City, particularly near the Northside park area. Have rented in Montego Bay before and like that area. Have stayed in Ocean Pines as well, and this could work too. Where could I find the best value to purchase a property to use with my family that will serve me well also in retirement in 13 years. Appreciate any and all input. Max cash offer price is 200k. Would like to get a 3/2 with a community pool. My kids are young at 5,6, and 7 so for now, the property must suit their needs. Any and all input welcome! Thanks!

Answers

4
Dave Leiderm…, , Ocean City, MD
Mon May 9, 2011
Hi Karen.

I live and work in Ocean City. I also have an 8 year old and we practically live at Northsaide Park. Its one of the best amenities in OC and they Rec Dept. does a wonderful job of promoting activities year round! Montego Bay certainly isn't far away but there are other communities and buildings nearby as well that may be worth considering. You mentioned Ocean Pines....although I reside in Ocean City I find myself in Ocean Pines quite a bit. They have outdoor and indoor pools that we frequent, not to mention several parks. Although further from the beach, Ocean Pines does have the Ocean Pines Beach Club on 49th St. and the ocean, for residents only. Its a phenomenal perk. There are several more listings available in your price range there and could potentially offer much more value for your buck; bigger property, house vs. condo, etc. One thing I will say is that with 3 young kids you won't be at a lack of activities in this area. Regardless of where you are you will likely take advantage of the amenities in both areas. I hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance please contact me, dleiderman@cbmove.com. Best of luck!

Dave
Michael Nolen, Agent, Ocean City, MD
Wed Feb 8, 2017
Hi Wayne,

The best way to accomplish this is to start getting listing notifications that are tailored and continually modified as your interest change. You should work with a Ocean City, MD RealtorĀ® to help you.

You should also start touring properties. Visit open houses, ask questions to your agent, and visually see your future home. It's helpful to have someone you can rely on to answer your questions.

Your best action is to start getting connect with experienced local resources. I'd love the opportunity to guide you to own a beach place.

Great post!

Michael Nolen, RealtorĀ®
Condominium Realty, LTD
(410) 390-2032
(410) 524-6400
Richard Coff…, Agent, Midlothian, VA
Tue Mar 22, 2011
From my website, you can search for both non-foreclosed as well as foreclosed homes anywhere USA. To view the non-foreclosed properties available, click on "homes and trends" link: enter search criteria (ie. city/state or zip code, minimum number of bedrooms, bathrooms, price range, etc..); view results; if interested in typical list and sale prices for area of interest, click on "stats & trends" tab at top of page. To view the foreclosed properties, click on respective links for foreclosures. Additionally, under "my pages", you may be interested in reading the short article titled "Home Buyers Save Thousands" to establish your complete list of needed and desired features. If I can be of any further assistance to you in your home search, please drop me an e-mail.
Suzanna Wood…, Agent, Springfield, VA
Tue Mar 22, 2011
I don't work that area but I would be happy to refer you an agent who knows that area and can help you find a place. Please email me at suzywoodhead@gmail.com and I can send you information.
Web Reference:  http://www.suzyw.remax.com