Looking for a house but hesitating about the location

Asked by eladebnebil, Houston, TX Sun Sep 22, 2013

I m working in 77072. We are a young couple and we just had a baby. I have been told that looking for house should take into consideration schools rating. I know people buying houses in sugarland and katy areas but I think it is far from houston and the commute time is important. Knowing my situation could you please recommend a good school area not far from 77072 where I can raise a family in a good neighborhood.

Answers

5
David Tansey, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Very dependent on your budget.
Web Reference:  http://www.DaveRealty.com
Some example please
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Christina, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013
I have a two bed room flat remodeled . If you're eintersted please email me christina@ stoneexclusif.com great community great starter place it's a cash sale
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013

You are right about school consideration. Most folks who move into a home take into consideration the ratings of schools and the district in which they buy. Though you may not need school information right away, you will in the next four years and if you are looking to stay in the same house long term, it will certainly be a good idea to choose where you buy.

Since your work place takes you to the 77072 zip code, Sugar Land will be closer for commute than Katy. Both these areas have grown beautifully in the past few years and once you start to get into actually viewing the homes and the areas, you will really begin to understand what you want.

Try driving around Sugar Land and remember, it stretches east and west from Highway 6/Bissonnet area down to New Territory and Greatwood and includes the Sugar Creek, First Colony, and Riverstone areas as well.

There are various types of homes, some old, some new, some small, some huge and after sampling a few views, you will comfortably be able to figure out what you like.

As my peers have mentioned, please do work with a realtor - we can guide you every step of the way.

Feel free to contact me at the information below if you have any questions.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Elade,

The 77072 zip code is general known as Alief and the Alief school district. The areas your mentioning, Katy and Sugar Land, are only 10 to 30 minutes away depending on what area the home is located. I don't think that type of commute would be too harsh considering the average Houstonian drives 40 minutes one way to work.

Those areas also have great schools. You might want to do some research on the areas and the schools... http://www.markknowshouston.com/res_list.php?cat=12285&c…

Your just getting started. You will have many questions. Get with an experienced Realtor that can work with you as a buyers representative. In Houston, their commissions (99% of the time) come from the listing agent or builder so you don't have to worry about that particular fee.

Get your financing in order by speaking to a few local lenders. This will help determine a price range to look in. We can help with the home search after that. Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Your situation is very common ... you want a home in a location with the best schools, convenient for your lifestyle. If the commute is a primary consideration, you're limiting your search to very restricted areas. I know of several such in-town subdivisions, but they're pricey. If you can afford a home in the upper $300,000's you shouldn't have a problem ... not exactly around the corner from your workplace, but you won't have to endure the long commute (buying a home often involves a trade-off or two).

What is your budget? Have you spoken with a lender yet? If not, that's the first step ... you'll learn just how much house you can comfortably afford. If I may be of further service, please feel free to contact me.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
I'll have something for you later today ... thanks.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
eladebnebil@yahoo.fr
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
Please send me your email address. I'll do some looking and send you some information that will help. Thanks for getting back to me.
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013

Thank you for your answer. I should have no problem lending money from a bank since I have a very good credit score. I m looking for a house preferably between 150k and 200k but no more than 250k. I know that memorial area has very good schools but the prices are high. Do you know other area matching my needs?
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013