Looking for a Fixed upper, private selling house in Cupertino, San Jose west, or Mission school district

Asked by Ashok, Fremont, CA Fri Jun 8, 2012

I am looking for a fixed upper, private sale houses in Cupertino or Mission fremont school district, I don't care the condition of the house. preferable withing 5000-12000 sq feet lot size.
we have excellent credit history, pre-approved, can make around 500k cash payment and we will buy immediate for the right house.
please acknowledge if anybody interested.

Tnx, - Ashok

Answers

14
Igor Reznikov, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Hi Ashok,

I wanted to help you out by giving you a the summary of the Cupertino area.

There are currently 37 active homes on MLS that match your criteria, excluding price. Setting a max price of $800K reduces that number to 4, of which the cheapest is an excellent fixer opportunity for $698K.

To go one step further, since everyone knows how little inventory there is in Cupertino right now, I pulled all of the sales for the past year (matching your criteria) to see what has sold before the inventory crunch of 2012.

There were 485 sales all together (if we exclude price) over the past 12 months.

If we set $800K as the max, there have been 48 sales.
If we set $700K as the max, there have been 19 sales.
If we set $600K as the max, there have been 4 sales.
And finally if we set $500K as the max, there have been 0 sales.

Of course, these are MLS transactions, not private sales, so perhaps the private sale statistics can be adjusted by 7%... which would not change the results in any significant way.

Prices today are higher than they were last year, and the market is more competitive than ever because sellers are greedier than ever. It's a rare seller today that doesn't want to list their home and have buyers bidding up the price vs selling it as a private sale and not getting top dollar.

My goal is not to discourage you, but to help you set realistic expectations if you are expecting to buy a Cupertino home for under $500K.

That being said, if you raise your price to at least $700K, I know I can help you find the fixer upper you're looking for... even in this ultra competitive market. As you can see I'm very familiar with the Cupertino area, prices, and inventories, having worked with many buyers in the area.

Hope this saves you some time, since after all, time is money :-)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Igor
Web Reference:  http://www.rezrealty.com
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hi Ashok,
Are you still looking for help with this?
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Ashok, did you ever find a home? If not, I have a special home buying program designed to help you locate an off-market home to purchase.
James Peters…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Sun Jun 16, 2013
Hey Ashok,

I appreciate that you're motivated to find an off market property, but Trulia is probably not the best place to look as it's a retail environment.

There are some homes that may come up as Bank Owned or Short Sales that you could pick up in the $500k price range, however doubtful in those areas.

Are you looking for an investment property? Fix and Flip? Buy and Hold?

There are many ways to find these and I would be happy to point you in the right direction if you want to chat.

James Peterson
408-836-9653
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Ashok, I'm curious, did you ever locate and purchase a home? Do let us know.
Mark Burns, , Cupertino, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
It's pretty simple to think about.

Why would a seller sell to you privately?
- they will maximize their net cash by selling it on the open market the vast majority of the time

How would you know you got a good price?
- in the areas you are looking, almost all sales are multiple offers
- you would again have to wonder why they would sell it to you; a stranger

Why aren't you looking with an agent right now?
- this is the 'needle in a haystack approach'
- or you could call it the 'shotgun approach'

Can you trust an agent to sell you an off-market listing?
- all licensed agents have a fiduciary duty to protect the seller and the buyer, particularly when it comes to advising the seller on the true value of the property and the best way to obtain the highest sales price and the best terms
- ask the agent you are working with the explain this part of the civil code: 2079 to 2079.24

Do you know how to evaluate the actual sales and track record of the agent you are working with?
- is the agent you are working with a true expert in all the areas you are looking for, an expert in contracts and negotiation, and sells in high volume (versus a few deals a year)?

Good Luck. I'm sure you'll find something if you try hard enough.

Mark Burns, Realtor®
Coldwell Banker Elite - Top 2% Worldwide
DRE #00896552 Licensed since 1985
Over 600 Homes Sold in Silicon Valley
President - PRDS, Contracts and Forms for Silicon Valley Residential Real Estate 2008-2012
I do not sell REOs, Foreclosures, Short Sales, or Off Market Listings
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Hi Ashok,
I specialize in selling off-market properties in the top school districts. Please let me know the best way to connect with you. Text or Just Call 408-252-8900.
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Hi Ashok:

Thanks for your question.

I gather you are looking for an off the market home.

Is there a way to get in touch with you
http://www.trulia.com/blog/perry_mistry/2012/06/city_of_cupe…

P Mistry
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference:  http://www.ruthandperry.com/
Daniel Shi, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Hi Ashok,

You're welcome to conduct a "Advanced Search" on our website:
http://idx.sogorealty.com/idx/11098/advancedSearch.php

You may search by zip codes, set many filters at your choice, such as your price range, type of sale, size, building style, garage, view, area, etc.

Housing inventory is quite low right now, and multiple offer situation is a sure thing, so you need to make strong offers (price, terms, etc) to win.

Feel free to contact me if I could be any help! Good luck :)

Daniel Shi
dshi@sogorealty.com
1.888.785.8818 ext.100
http://SoGoRealty.com
Monica Goyal…, , Cupertino, CA
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Hi Ashok,

There are a few homes available in your price range, the market is competitive, so your large down payment is a plus. Please feel free to contact me to explore further options.

Monica Goyal
408-476-0675
DRE 01781926
Igor Reznikov, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
With that budget you shouldn't have any difficulty finding the right fixer upper with good Cupertino schools.

You can call or email me and I'd be happy to help!

(408)605-5627
igor@rezrealty.com

Igor
Ashok, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Thanks Igor and Flavio, I mean I can make upto 500K cash payment plus additional funds through finance since we got pre-approved for 1.2million I like fixed upper so we can fix the house in our own way. if we couldn't find in Cupertino our next alternate is Mission San Jose.
Ashok, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Hi Andrea,
Prefer to have around 3-5 bed room 1+ bathroom. no concern over minimum sq feet.
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Hello Ashok, how many beds/baths do you require and the minimum square footage of the house?