Looking for a Buyer's Agent near Smyrna who can assist 1st time buyer with the home buying process. Actively looking and ready to move forward.

Asked by Harold Holloway, Smyrna, GA Tue Feb 4, 2014

Need an agent that also can refer a lender. Looking to close within a few months before my lease is up.

Answers

19
Meghan Benson, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Mar 12, 2014
Hi Harold -

I'm not sure if you've already made your decision on a buyers agent - but I can also help you with finding a lender. I have one in particular that I refer to all of my clients.

Please call me at 404.906.5921 or email me at MeghanBenson@kw.com

I can help get the process started today

Meghan Benson
Keller Williams Cityside
K buyer, Home Buyer, Smyrna, GA
Wed Mar 5, 2014
Also, agents don't always refer the best lenders...also ask fellow buyers, your bank, etc.
K buyer, Home Buyer, Smyrna, GA
Wed Mar 5, 2014
I am a buyer and not an agent...having said that I am close to several agents...having said that, I will not mention the agents I know on a personal level. Try Larry Lester, Anita Merrycamp, Mark Camp or Christy Graham. They have all been listing agents and may not want to be a buyer's agent or may be more seller oriented. But they are enthusiastic and professional, so they may be a great fit. I agree with the poster who said make sure you have a rapport. Good luck!
Mark Slaught…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Wed Feb 19, 2014
I would be glad to help you find a home! I can guide you through what has become a complex process of getting you to point of holding the front door keys to your home in your hand. I can connect you with experts in mortgage lending who can get you the best possible terms for a loan. Are you interested in a condo or single family home. I can help you find either. Please call me at 404.695.2500
Kirsten Well…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sun Feb 16, 2014
Hi Harold,

I have a lender that currently has a no closing costs program as well as another that has a down payment grant for first time homebuyers. Please let me know if you would like a referral.

Kirsten Wellborn
Garrett Realty
404-867-5662
kwellborn@garrettrealtyga.com
, ,
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Hi Harold,

Congratulations on your potential home purchase. Now is a great time to buy, with interest rates being on the lower end of the 50 year average. In today's market, getting prequalified is like having cash in your pocket. I work with a lot of first time homebuyers and would be more than happy to assess your situation to see what we may be able to offer you. There is no obligation to filling out a loan application.

BrandBank has been around Georgia since 1905 and is one of the largest community banks in the State.

Feel free to give me a call or visit my website below to start the prequalification process.

George Cohen
Mortgage Banker
678.442.3401 Office
678.985.5923 Fax
gcohen@brandmortgage.com
apply online: gcohen.brandmortgage.com
NMLS# 75615 | 1078450
Sally Wildas…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hello Mr. Holloway,
Congrats on your future home purchase. Being a member of the "Leading Real Estate Companies of the World", I will be very happy to research and refer you to a Buyers Agent (ABR) in your area. Please give me a call, text or email.

Sally Wildasinn, Realtor
ABR, ePro, SRS

http://www.sallyshomelistings.com
swildasinn@fickling.com
478.662.9093 text or mobile
Susan Myers, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hello Harold. If you haven't already selected a Realtor/Agent, I suggest you speak with several before making a final decision. Many Realtors/Agents will boast about being #1 in their area, providing the best service, negotiations, etc. What's just as important is establishing a good rapport and feeling comfortable with that Realtor/Agent. That is why I recommend you interview a few Realtors/Agents before making a final decision. Think about it. You're interviewed by potential employers before they decide to hire you. So, why not interview various Realtors/Agents before you hire them? If you're still undecided, please, feel free to give me a call at 678-644-4791. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you with the hopes of establishing a great rapport enabling me to assist you with your home buying process.
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Harold,

Since you're a "first time" buyer - I have to offer a few nuggets of advice, regarding some of these posts. Most of the agents who responded below, seem sincere, but I see two problem trends to be wary of that could impact you without you even knowing it:

1. Agents who claim they are # 1, or the Best in the Market, or their firm is the greatest, etc, etc, are to be taken with a grain of salt. Even if their sales numbers are in fact #1 - that does not show how their seller faired or how that will make them a great buyers agent. Make any agent you hire as a Buyers Agent prove how they are the best option for you as your buyers representative - how their experience and extra services (if any) make them the no-brainer clear winner for you. If they can't distinguish themselves in meaningful ways - keep looking.
2. If any local or distant agent chimes in to refer an agent, or offers to refer an agent to you in the market you're already in - RUN, and do not take their advice or recommendation. Why? That local or distant agent doesn't work the market you are looking in, but is simply using you as a lead and trying to get a referral fee. That means the agent they referred to you will pay them around 30% of their commission, for the referral. Since the agent doing the referring is being paid a fee, is their advice really unbiased and trustworthy? Regardless, is the agent being referred really that great? Its easy to find out - blow past the numbers and designations and ask a simple question - what can you do for me that 1000 other agents can't? And from a common sense perspective - who is going to work harder for you - an agent getting 100% of their Buyers Agent commission, or one getting only 70%?

There are some important considerations when choosing your Buyers Broker - the most important is what they can do for you as the buyer. Do your own research and interviews, it costs you nothing, doesn't impact your future buyers agents income, and there is no possibility of a conflict of interest.

Robert Whitfield
678-585-9691
Deborah Ratc…, Agent, Smyrna, GA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Good Afternoon Harold,

My name is Deborah Ratchford and I have to proud distinction of being the #1 Realtor in Smyrna. Please visit my website at http://www.DebDidItAgain.com to view my listings and find my contact information. It would be my pleasure help you find your first home!
Web Reference:  http://www.debdiditagain.com
Sally Wildas…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Hello Harold,
One word of advice, make sure your Realtor has an ABR designation at the very minimum...it costs you absolutely nothing to be a Client instead of a Customer. I am a member of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, give me a call or email if you would like me to refer you to an agent in your area.

Sally Wildasinn, Realtor
ABR, ePro, SRS

http http://:www.sallyshomelistings.com
478.662.9093
http://www.fickling.com
Warner Robins, GA
Vanessa Will…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Good morning Harold,

I am First Time homebuyer specialist with a profile here on Trulia, please contact me. Vanessa Williams 404-213-0422. I am a full-time Realtor ready to serve you.
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Call Jackye Mumphrey with KW in Smyrna.

You will have a hard time finding an agent as kind, smart and diligent as she is, who also happens to be a West Cobb and South Cobb expert.

Check the web reference.
Thank you for the mention Lee. As always you are the ideal real estate professional. Thank you for all of your referrals.
Flag Wed Apr 9, 2014
Don Lantier, Agent, smyrna, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Before you make another move in the home buying process....read this and then give me a holler.

http://homebuyershelpfulnewsandtools.blogspot.com/
, ,
Tue Feb 4, 2014
To view or make an offer on a property that is listed for sale, you should be represented by a Buyer’s Agent. The Buyer’s Agent will work on your behalf throughout the transaction. This is very important since the Listing Agent ALWAYS represents the seller.

By working with a Buyer's Agent, you are only seeing the homes that are actually listed for sale at that time. Also, having one Buyer’s Agent dedicated to you will greatly maximize your home buying experience since they will be locating available homes that meet your criteria as best as possible..

If you need a recommendation on a Buyer’s Agent, please contact me at (404) 591-2453 or rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com. I would be happy to put you in touch with someone who can assist you.

The seller of the property will want to make sure that you are qualified to purchase the property should your offer be accepted. Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com to get started.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
Web Reference:  http://www.rodneymason.com
Robert A Whi…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Hi Harold,

I live and work in this area and can definitely help you locate and acquire the ideal home - give me a ring and I would be happy to talk with you. Our market had low inventory 2013, and 2014 will be the same story - so the ability to find the best homes quickly will be paramount.

That is one of the reasons you want someone who has a system and the qualifications to pre screen properties for you from both financial and market trend metrics as well as assessing the structural elements and existing conditions of the property as I do for all clients. That approach allows me to provide you much more comprehensive and actionable information, and makes you a more informed buyer - you will know exactly which properties have the superior qualities and value you want, and which properties you want to put on hold, or avoid altogether.

Reach out to me for more information, I look forward to speaking with you.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
RobertWhitfield.com
TheHomeBuyersRep.com
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
Don Lantier, Agent, smyrna, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Hi Harold,
Don Lantier, broker and owner of Donald J Lantier Realty here in Smyrna~Vinings. We specialize in working with First time Home Buyers. Feel free to give me a call at 770-309-5297 to discuss how we can assist you in your first home purchase. In the meantime, check out our master website for Smyrna single family home search.
http://www.smyrnagahomes.housetour4you.com or
http://www.smyrnaviningstownhomes.com
On both of the above sites you can change the parameters to search anywhere in the Atlanta Metro.
Regardless of how you choose...Good luck!
Don Lantier
Adrea Thomas, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
I would love to serve you. My name is Adrea Thomas, you can reach me at 678-973-9473. Talk to you soon!
Meghan Benson, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Feb 4, 2014
I can help ! My name is Meghan Benson -I work out of Smyrna and specialize in first time home buyers. My number is 404-906-5921 or MeghanBenson@kw.com. Happy to help!
We moved into our home without children - even though it's very large! We're moving across town - would love for this home to go to a young couple looking to start a family. If you know anyone, check out 4118 Daniel Green Trail, 30080. Wonderful family neighborhood!
Flag Sun Mar 30, 2014