Looking for San Antonio buyer's Realtor

Asked by Sc, San Antonio, TX Thu Mar 4, 2010

We will be on a house hunting trip to San Antonio bewtween March 22nd to 26th.
I'm looking for a buyer's Realtor intrested and able to provide service as below:
a) Willing and able to provide significant buyer’s rebate of commission at closing
b) Assist in finding good value north-side home in the $150-250K range
c) Able to send e-mail search matches as soon as they hit the market

We prefer older stylish homes (pre-80’s) in established area with nice size lots.
We are easy to work with and typically will do drive by of all homes before asking for a showing.

If you are an easy going likable Realtor that wants to work with us please respond to src.tex@gmail.com

Answers

34
David Marne, Agent, Shavano Park, TX
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Danny,

Why is paying the customer instead of the pimp working cheep? Instead of paying Phyllis, or D'ann or (fill in the blank) 20, 30, or 40% of my earnings, I choose to pay 50% to the buyer! (the person who is actually writing the checks). As a result, I have never been to a closing when my seller has netted less than I did!

I have however on many occasions laughed at sellers who have received smaller checks from the title company than their "full price" agents did.

There are almost 100,000 troops in Iraq being shot at and making on average less than $50,000 per year, my daughters Math Teacher makes 58,000.00 a year, the average Pediatrician starting salary is about $100,000. the Governor of Texas makes about 125,000.00 a year. Danny, I don't believe that I am worth less than you, I believe we are both over paid. The difference I am doing something about it and you choose feed at the trough.
Web Reference:  http://www.halfpriced.com
Matt Stiglia…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
This will probably be my final comment on this as I am not here to walk into a hornet's nest.

Larry - You're definitely not speaking for me. Although I disagree with Sc's way of doing business and don't do the whole discount thing myself, I do not think it comes from greed, small-minded, uninformed, know it all-ness. Please don't put words into my mouth or any other Realtor® (unless of course they think it and are okay with it).

Sc is right, there are discount brokerages out there that will rebate commissions. My brokerage and the way I run my business...it's not going to happen. HalfPriced and BuyersHouse have already stood up and said they'd do it. They do it all the time. That's the way they chosen to run their business.

Greed? I'd call it frugality. Will Sc get the service that I provide? Maybe, maybe not. That's for the discount brokerages to prove/disprove. Throwing insults at a consumer that wants more than I'm willing to give? Not my style and not acceptable in my business practice. There are thousands of agents in San Antonio and many different business styles - mine does not look kindly upon discounts OR insulting consumers.

I admire Sc for coming right out and saying it. We'll (obviously) never work together because of the way I run my business, and I'm fine with that. I wish them the best of luck. Hell, I might even discount my commission just to prove we're not all angry at consumers, which is how your response comes off (not really, but I'm simply shocked that anyone would post a response like yours).

I admit, I don't like to be asked to discount my commission, but I would never view someone as a know-it-all greedy uniformed person for it.

I responded to Sc knowing full well my answer wasn't going to change what they wanted, but as usual I responded. I enjoy my time here at Trulia and like making connections with agents and consumers. Seeing someone lashing out like this makes me question my involvement in the site though. I don't want to be associated with this kind of negativity - especially not by someone "speaking for me."

It's no wonder we fight an uphill battle with consumers.

I'm truly sick to have read this.

Sc - I apologize on behalf of the Realtors® in San Antonio that find what I just read unacceptable. I hope you find someone great and would love to hear how you make out in the end. I don't know anyone who's used HalfPriced or Buyer's Realty personally, but I have seen them around plenty. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Lawrence Sot…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Fri Mar 5, 2010
To all my fellow agents-Looks like lots of people understood my comment to the discount hunter-sorry to sound like I spoke for anyone but myself. I'm a Broker for 21 years in San Antonio. I call it like I see it and in my view allowing wanna be buyers to think that an absurd request is ok is nonsense. I'll never work for these type of people because they have no concept of value. They will never understand, so yes, the PC position is to act very nice and here, here, it's all about who will do what for what price, rubbish.
This form is absurd ; great hard working agents chase after questionable clients-hey, it's a free country and we have free speach-so my take is still the same, will try always to be professional and take the high road but when someone talks nonsense I call it that, nonsense.
Not looking for anything but common sense-we are the professionals but even the pro's get a little testy. No more on this subject.-Larry Sotoodeh
Danny T Thom…, , Austin, TX
Fri Mar 5, 2010
One last thought.. this is really towqard David Marne and the rest of the guys out there willing to work cheap, via rebates, etc... That is perfectly fine if you believe you are worth less than me. If you want to work for less than I am willing to, go right ahead. I , too have been on the Top 50 lists, and while I closed less in total sales, I likely made more money. Why? Because I am worth it.
I have been licensed since 1994, went full-time in 95, then went inot full-time ministry on a 3.5 year mission, returned to real estate sales, and since then have consistently been in the Top 50, and I DO NOT discount or rebate my commissions. My clients love me and are happy to pay.
I guess we all have our own niches .. some just want to work with anyone and do the task.. I want to work with quality people who want professional representation, experience expert consultations, and reliable, honest communications. I have helped folks develop investment strategies in the realm of real estate and they have grown their wealth.

That said, there is a reason there are Cadillacs and Chevy's... I am a Cadillac. American made ;-) Proud to serve!
Web Reference:  http://CallDannyT.com
Lawrence Sot…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Mr. SC-You are uninformed and greedy to boot. Real Estate is a great business but one where we agents work very hard for our clients. You must work somewhere, how about you discounting your paycheck, you make more than enough money don't you?
I'll say what all the Realtors on this post think about your request-you're a greedy, small minded know it all. Heaven help the poor waiter that waits on you anywhere as I'm confident this line of thinking defines you.-Larry Sotoodeh
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
To, some of the responders:

Please take a look around; there are plenty of Realtors that offer part of the buyer's agent commission back to buyers. The reason is simple; commissions are high enough that it makes economic sense for people to work this way. If you are not interested in my business, fine, good for you. That does not mean other qualified people are not willing to work for a lower percent commission. This is still a free capitalistic county; I would think a good Texan would know that.

You can bicker about who pays the commission all you want; it does not matter to me. The bottom line is the commission is baked into the price of the house, and the buyer is the one who brings the money to closing.
I really don't need your negative inputs on my request; I was honest about what I want and open to coming to an agreement. If you are not interested, just move on.

Seriously I do need a good Realtor and I have made similar agreements in the past with mutual satisfaction – both with services rendered and compensation received for the time involved.

Thanks and Best Regards,
SC
Jillie, Home Buyer, Honolulu County, HI
Sun Mar 7, 2010
I'm not a realtor *ducking for cover* I'd like to add one thought, many banks offer a referral service. If you don't like the agent assigned, the referring company will quickly make that switch. Good referral companies check in with you regularly too. Normal rebate is approximately .5% at closing. Just a thought. It's a good way to get a full service realtor and still get a discount.
Danny T Thom…, , Austin, TX
Sat Mar 6, 2010
David --

As I said, we are both entitled to our beliefs. Just because someone else is underpaid, doesn't mean I need to charge less. And just because a Seller doesn't have any equity, doesn't mean I need to chrage less. You do not know what services I provide, and you are arrogant to assume you know if I am overpaid or not... You only know your own perspective, and that is fine. I do not care what you charge... it doesn't affect me. Discount brokers have never had much market share, and many are out of business due to the market shift. Keller Williams Realty has over 18% market share, and no less than 1 out of every 4 transaction in San Antonio have a KW agent on them. So, we are non-traditional in our business model, and a "full-price" brokerage... and we are taking this town and this country by storm. KW was the ONLY major brokerage to grow in agents last year... C21, CB, ReMAx, all lost agents and market share. And many discount brokers left San Antonio.
David, no offense to you. You chose a market strategy based on your beliefs, and you are doing well with it. I salute you for putting your money where your heart is... While I see things differently, I respect you, and your right to pursue your passions as you see fit. See you at the SABJ Top 50 banquet... again ;-)

Oh.. Sc... sorry to usurp your post... but, this has been a lot of fun. Thanks for the opportunity to visit this topic. Great question.

DannyT@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://CallDannyT.com
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Fri Mar 5, 2010
It is strange some agents that have no interest in my business responded to this post.
If you have no interest why strut around with your tail in the air?
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Oh by the way, I have a listing you may be interested in. Here is the link to the Virtual Tour just in case :o)! http://www.circlepix.com/home/MUWDNL
It's in the North East! When you find that agent that will rebate you schedule a showing :o)! Lots of luck!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor, ABR, E-Pro
Home Team of America
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Web Reference:  http://www.findurwayhome.com
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
You forget-

Sellers Net Income = Sales Price-Their Existing loan-Commissions-Sellers Closing Costs, (sometimes - Buyer's Closing Costs)-repairs if any. They hopefully reap the benefit of gaining back some of their equity in the deal as a home is an investment.

Buyers=Mortgage for price of home includes total price of home+ any loan fees. Buyer's come to the table with their closing costs which typically can involve things like their Down Payment, (which reduces the overall loan) Part of the Lenders Title Insurance and a Survey, (if at all needed), but do not include any commission, (unless somehow negoitated with their personal buyer's agent).

As a listing agent, I do the market analysis for the home and come up with a sales price that the home is likely to sell for. I do a Seller's net sheet which outlines all approximate costs and gains back their total net. We do not add to the price of the home so that I or a buyer's agent can get a higher commission. The home won't sell.

If you were to come to the table with money for commissions then this "rebate" you are expecting will need to go on the HUD 1 as a cost as all money's in a transaction must be accounted for. Your lender and underwriter may not like that at all.

A
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Proof that commissions are a cost from buyer’s perspective:

Definitions:
Net_Income_To_Seller = Sales_Price – Seller’s_Commision – Buyer’s_Commision
Buyer’s_Price = Sales_Price

Proof:
Step1 (Substitution)
Net_Income_To_Seller = Buyer’s_Price – Seller’s_Commision – Buyer’s_Commision

Step2 (addition property of equality)
Buyer’s_Price = Net_Income_To_Seller + Seller’s_Commision + Buyer’s_Commision
David Marne, Agent, Shavano Park, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Justin,

Dying? Check the Platinum Top 50 List, and the San Antonio Business Journal Top 25 Realtors List. . . . . .

you will find my name there each and every year for the 10 years I have been in business!

Please explain the difference between working for 1.5% on a 200K sale and working for 3% on a 100K sale?
Joe Loomer, Agent, Augusta, GA
Thu Mar 4, 2010
SC, point taken - but lost in all of this is you are assuming that you will bargain down the price of the home to an acceptable level, then get MORE from the buyer's agent. The Seller is paying the commission, not you. You're not actually paying for anything, and if you're taking a mortgage on the property, four or five thousand dollar price difference will literally mean less than a $100 in your payment, yet you expect to reap thousands from a buyer's agent. I recommend you negotiate a price you're happy with, and move on - hold your agent accountable, let them do the leg work - screening homes for you and saving you time before you even consider drive-bys.

There may be legal ramifications with disclosure laws in Texas, but I don't practice there - in Georgia this whole scenario would be illegal.
Justin Werner, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Matt,
Well said.

Sc,
I do wish you the best of luck. All I meant to imply was the obvious: You get what you pay for. I think you probably did hit a nerve with many of these agents. We do work really hard for our money (I know I do anyway) so I can understand Larry's response but the personal attack on Sc was unnecessary and distasteful. I've heard it said that a Realtor's work is like a duck on the pond. What you see is the calm above the water duck, but below that water its legs are churning really fast (much of our work is done behind the scenes so consumers may think we are overpaid sometimes). I admit I thought the same thing before I became an agent 3 years ago but now I realize how wrong I was! Anyhow, best of luck!

David,
Consider the source Mr. Half-Priced. I understand your frustration with my post (your business model is a dying breed) but I don't understand why the personal attack. I had my best year ever last year in a down market (working mostly with buyers) and was named Top Sales Associate in my office so don't tell me I need additional training. I think you might have misdirected that at me when you meant to direct that to Larry? Perhaps you are right - I apologize for saying substandard service, I should have said limited service. Happy? As for part a) of my answer, it's called a buyer representation agreement - I may have mis-worded it a bit but I thought it was obvious what I was trying say (maybe not though). When a buyer signs one he is saying he agrees to pay my commission that the list agent/seller doesn't pay. If I wanted to give him back any shortage (or not make him pay it - i.e. 2.5% listings) what exactly is the problem? I know Dayton and he would tell you we work too hard for our money to give it away.

Anyway, the reason I post on here is to help people and this thread is obviously not doing that so like Matt, I'm out.
Mike Rohrig, , 97007
Thu Mar 4, 2010
SC,

Larry doesn't speak for me.
You have a right to negotiate and agents have the right to say yes or no.

And some bringing up the idea that "you get what you pay for" is misleading.
I have never heard anyone say that new agents charge less than experienced
agents which truly should happen. There are good and bad agents and even
good agents have bad days.

Happy hunting and don't let them get you down, but be careful with whomever you pick.
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Joe,

I never said a buyer's agent does not provide a good service and add value to the sell.
In fact, I believe the buyer's agent add much more value than the seller's agent and should be paid more than a seller’s agent.

I want to work with a buyer's agent, and I want them to be paid for their service.
I just don’t want to overpay. I typically only view a few houses before buying.
Why should I pay the overhead for everyone else? I would be more than willing to pay on a per showing basis.

Just because an industry lobby was able to get some anti-free market laws passed does not make it right. Why don’t we just pass laws to make all free market illegal? Wait; there are already counties like that. Pick one, take a visit and see if you like it.

Sincerly,
SC
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
David Marne-The answer that I gave was that it may be against my BROKERAGE rules to give a commission to an unlicensed principle....however, should I wish to give a rebate, I would have to ensure I wasn't breaking any regulations. I said the the board would not allow gifts of over $50 and I stood corrected by Matt that it was the IRS.

But thank you so very much for setting me straight on the rules set by TREC, SABOR and TAR with regards to those rebates. Should I wish to share my paycheck with my clients, I will look further into it. Have a good one :o)!
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Matt, I completely agree with you and I stand corrected about the $50, (I knew it came from somewhere).

SC-As a listing agent myself, I would have to tell you that commission is not added to the sales price of a home. A home will only sell for what it is worth. If it is only worth $100,000 in the market, then I cannot add on another 6% to get my commission. The seller pays that amount off of their bottom line. Whether you agree or disagree that the price isn't worth it, is a matter of opinion. Most of my buyers and sellers have had no problem with the money that I have made. My sellers get a detailed list of what they are paying for and they are quite happy with the service they get.

As far as deals falling through, the only reason I pointed that out is that Realtors get paid on contingency. This means that if the deals falls through, I don't sell the house or the buyer just walks away, the work that I get done is not compensated monetarily. You aren't paying for deals falling through.

As far as the free money thing. Well...I kind of addressed that, but it is. If you are getting part of the sellers bottom line back, then that is being payed for a job you didn't do and is in a sense free money. If you can get it, then go for it.

Again, best of luck. I think I am done with this particular topic.

Brenda Mullen
Joe Loomer, Agent, Augusta, GA
Thu Mar 4, 2010
It may actually be illegal for the listing agent to ask the buyer's agent to reduce their commission. Listing agreements are legal contracts in which the Seller agrees to a commission to be paid based on an "accepted contract." In short - it's not your place to negotiate the Seller's legal arrangement with the agents involved. Furthermore - it may actually be illegal in Texas for an agent to pay you the commission they've earned (it is against the law to pay a buyer or a seller to use you as an agent for your services).

It seems apparent you may have had a negative experience in the past with a Buyer's agent. It also seems you have the acumen to tackle this situation from another approach - don't waste an agent's time for a significant reduction in commission - but instead waste your own contacting listing agents and asking them to reduce theirs to the listing side only if you demand to buy unrepresented. After all, they've got the full listing and buying commission on the table. This approach will also you give you some perspective about a minor portion of the work an agent invests - calling agents to set up showings for their buyer clients, obtaining relevant information by asking the right questions, and ensuring the list agents email or fax over important disclosures, plats, surveys, inspection reports, lead-based paint exhibits, relocation addendum, foundation integrity reports, structural engineer letters, county occupancy certificates, sex offender registries, home owners association contact sheets, protective covenants, bylaws, crime reports, school reports, etc. Try this yourself for just two homes you wish to see.

Oh, and if you find a buyer's agent, ten bucks says they weigh about 40 lbs less than they did two years ago...
Phillip Baird, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Sc,
Sure you don't want to move to Austin, or New Braunfels? I would work out a deal with you and give you good service. I work with a very small be effective agency that values every customer, and every sale. However I'm not a member of the San Antonio MLS. I do know people in San Antonio, so email me if you like and I'll gladly talk with you and help you find the right situation and/or person to help you.

Phillip Baird
phillipdbaird@gmail.com
http://www.austinrealestateshop.com
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Larry, I happen to be a very good tipper. My mother and wife have both worked as waitresses.
Trust me, I know all about hard manual labor work, and I do have to negotiate my pay. I like working with Realtors and I’m very respectful of their time and efforts, which I do not take advantage of. I just think the whole system could be improved to provide better value for the cost.
David Marne, Agent, Shavano Park, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Brenda Mullen, The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC), The Texas Association of Realtors (TAR) and The San Antonio Board of Realtors (SABOR) all allow the rebate of commission to an unlicensed principal to a sale (BUYER or SELLER) as long as the Broker who is rebating the commission has the approval of the client to whom they owe a fiduciary duty. So your answer to this question is inaccurate to say the least.

Justin Werner, I just forwarded your post to the Professional Standards Committee at the San Antonio Board of Realtors. You do the entire industry a disservice with your ignorant rantings. Please talk to Dayton or Dwight or someone who knows what they are doing at RE\MAX to find out where you can get some additional training. They have a great program there and it looks like you may have fallen off the wagon.

Mat Stigliano, You don't seem as "angry" as your co-Remax agent Justin. You are correct when you say that you may in fact get a different level of service at a "discount" brokerage, It may however be a higher level of service!
Sc, Home Buyer, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
It seems apparent that a 40% split to your broker is a negative impact to everyone involved (except for the broker). It increases the cost of doing business without adding meaningful value. It would be a benefit to yourself and your customers if you find a way to reduce or eliminate this outlay. Also, it is clear that the system is setup to allow deals to go bad and Realtors to be uncompensated. However, I don’t want to be the one to pay for someone else’s bad deal. Please don’t tell me it is free money, the commissions are added into the cost of the house. The seller was obviously willing to take less than the actual sales price. How much value was added into the transaction due to the services of the Realtors and Brokers involved, 6% seem high. The total commission would be $12K on a $200K house. To put into perspective, that is more than twice the cost of a new roof for both materials and hard manual labor and it would last 30yrs+.

I did not want to go into this, but you guys get so defensive when someone wants a better deal. It happens all the time in all industries; people negotiate prices for goods and services. Get over it, or fix your system to reduce your costs.
Matt Stiglia…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
P.S. Brenda - The $50 gift limit is an IRS rule - it's the most you can claim in non-cash gifts to a client.
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Hi SC,

I can agree with you somewhat that if you find an agent willing to give back the commission and you feel you get good service, then go for it. That is truly free money back to you.

However, for me, as an agent, it does not make good economic sense to give you back a rebate. First and foremost, I believe it might be against my brokerage rules to pay a commission, (which is essentially what I am doing), to a non-licensed person in the State of Texas. It is also against our Board to give gifts of more that $50, (I believe). Either way, I would be in default

Secondly, on a $150,000 house, I will most like make 3% of that which is $4500. Now, I have to pay my brokerage split. Of course this depends on the broker and agent, but let's just say I get to keep 60% of that which is now $2,700. Seems like good money, but I get to pay taxes on that as well. By the time I get done with that and my operating expenses, how much do I give you?

It goes with the belief that a Realtor really doesn't do anything and I truly do work hard for my clients and try to get them the best deal. There is more to just letting in the buyer and having them look around. Additionally, there are many times as a Realtor I don't get paid because a deal went through or the buyer didn't qualify. I work hard for the paycheck that I finally do earn.

I personally meant you no disrespect of my answer and again, if you find that working with a discount broker is acceptable, then go for it. Everyone must certainly do what is in their best interest :o)!

I wish you the best in your home search and am quite confident that you will find someone to work with! Have a GREAT Thursday!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor, ABR, E-Pro
Home Team of America
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Buyers House…, , Texas
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Sc,

Good day. It seems as though you have a lot of tradtional agents replying to your post. My company is the virtual evolution of real estate. We are a brokerage that specializes in working with today's savvy homebuyer. BuyersHouseRealty gives 75% of our 3% commission toour buyers. Learn more by visiting http://www.Buy75.com. Today's homebuyers is looking for a new real estate company that utilizes technology and at the same time, provide a high level of service. Although I am not physically in the SA area, I have sold homes in SA, without being located there. As a licensed broker in Texas, I am able to write contracts throughout the entire state and I also am a master at negotiating. So, if you can pay a local agent to show you homes, Ex. $25/hr to open the door and provide access to local info, I will pay you several thousand dollars to use my company. Can you see the benefit in working with my company? Call me directly at 512.663.9519, and I can tell you more about the service, that on average pays out more than $6,500 to our buyers.

Happy House Hunting,

Gavin St.Louis
Broker
BuyersHouseRealty
"Why Buy a Home Any Other Way?"
http://www.Buy75.com
Matt Stiglia…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
**My first answer didn't completely post, so I'm reposting it...**

Sc,

I think you'll find that most of us that work hard and offer "full service" don't offer any sort of rebates. There are agents that work at discount brokerages that might help you with that, but in my opinion you'll get a different service as well.

Being a buyer's agent isn't just about unlocking doors and filling in the blanks on an offer.

Other than that, I think you'll find myself and others likable, easy to work with, and more than happy to fill your other needs.

PS "C" is the easiest for any member of the San Antonio Board of Realtors® and can be done by anyone with MLS access. That's a basic service we can all provide. Just thought you'd like to know.

Matt Stigliano, Realtor®
RE/MAX Access
(210) 646-HOME
http://www.RErockstar.com
"Your all access pass to San Antonio real estate."
Brenda Mullen, Agent, Garden Ridge, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Hi Sc,
I am pretty much in alignment with the Realtors that have already answered you. I would love to assist you in finding the perfect home and I am an Accredited Buyer's Representative; however, I am not really willing to give up part of my paycheck.

If you are looking for someone that will work with you and find you the perfect home, (I can send you searches as well), then I am your woman :o)! But no, I am not willing to pay you. Thanks for you honesty in looking for an agent.

Lots of luck to you!

Brenda Mullen
Realtor, ABR, e-Pro
Home Team of America
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
Liz Voss ABR…, , San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
We will be more than happy to work with you. To learn more about our representation please see my blog link which I've included, or give us a call.
Danny T Thom…, , Austin, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Wow.. at least you are honest... "Hey, work for me and pay me too!"

Maybe you should be a realtor ;-)

Honestly, I would only be willing to work for you if you pay me a $500 retainer fee up front, and an additional $500 transaction fee, plus 50 cents a mile while you are in my vehicle.

Good luck.... you are going to need it.

DannyT@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://CallDannyT.com
Lawrence Sot…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Why the request for significant buyers rebate of commission? Do you understand that the buyers fee is paid by the seller?-Larry Sotoodeh
Justin Werner, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Hi Sc,

a) How can a Realtor provide you a "significant buyer's rebate of commission" for something you don't pay. I would be happy to take you on as a client and charge you a fee for helping you purchase a home and get paid by the list agent as well, then rebate to you anything YOU paid me at closing.
b) Easy, no problem.
c) I do this for many, many clients and customers.

If you do find a Realtor willing to give you money back at closing for something you don't even pay for, YOU WILL be getting what you pay for: sub-standard service from a sub-standard agent. Any professional agent worth their salt will not do this, I assure you. Please check out my websites below and especially: http://justinwerner.com/save_33000 before deciding on an agent to assist you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Justin Werner, ABR, CDPE
Accredited Buyer Representative
Certified Distressed Property Expert
RE/MAX Exclusive
210-367-4757
http://www.AlamoCityHomeInfo.com
http://www.JustinWerner.com
http://www.StopAlamoCityForeclosure.com
John King, Agent, Helotes, TX
Thu Mar 4, 2010
If this were a part time job, I'd probably jump at the chance. But it's not.

I do offer a rebate to Active Duty Military, Honorably Discharged Veterans of any branch including Reserves and National Guard or Active Law Enforcement as defined under HUD's Good Neighbor Next Door program.

If you fall into this category, then please let me know, i'd be happy to help.

John King, Buyers Agent
(210)445-2631
Mission Realty
johnkinghomes@gmail.com
http://www.johnkinghomes.com