Sherbear, Renter in Laguna Hills, CA

Looking for SJC expert to answer a few questions about the condos near the Mission.

Asked by Sherbear, Laguna Hills, CA Tue Apr 26, 2011

HI,
We're very interesting in the Casitas Capistrano condos in SJC. It's just the two of us and two cats.
I understand there used to be some "gang" activity across the railroad tracks, but seems to be under control now? According to stats I can find, the town looks quite safe. I also know there're a good mix of folks there, but the local public school has a lot of ESL students, and a lot of kids go to private schools? I'm only asking for future resale value since so many people want to buy where the schools are top notch. I would imagine that being a historic town has it's own value. :-) Anything else anyone could give me any inside info about living in SJC near the Mission, pros and cons would be great! (I've already checked out the promotional SJC web site)

Thanks so much!
Sheri

Answers

11
Michael Emer…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Sheri, looks like you've done lots of research on this all ready. My office is across the street from the Mission San Juan Capistrano on Ortega Highway (next to Starbucks). Can't get much closer than that and we are in touch with the community. SJC is a diverse and historic town with a wide range of housing opportunities. There are currently 4 homes on the market in Casitas Capistrano. Let me know how I can help. Or just stop by and ask for Mike or Leonard. We'll buy the coffeee at Starbucks and give you all your answers
Sherbear, Renter, Laguna Hills, CA
Tue May 3, 2011
"you are very cute...now stop hanging out with us boring Realtors® and call Michael already....lol"

Seriously I thought you were being cheeky pointing out he had something for me to "rent"! :-)
I'm a renter now, and hubby and I are hoping to buy toward the end of the year, but we're researching neighborhoods while we get our financial stuff in order.

As for renting, we're renting now and we love our apartment! Truth be told, we would (almost) buy if it were possible.
For now though we did get in touch with a realtor and were shown some properties last weekend to get an idea on floor plans.
Thanks again,
Cheers!
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Tue May 3, 2011
you are very cute...now stop hanging out with us boring Realtors® and call Michael already....lol

K
Sherbear, Renter, Laguna Hills, CA
Tue May 3, 2011
"How is that for great service on Trulia? You post your question and Michael has a condo you can rent....I hope it works out for all concerned."

*chuckle* :-)
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Tue May 3, 2011
Sherbear,

How is that for great service on Trulia? You post your question and Michael has a condo you can rent....I hope it works out for all concerned.

Karen
Michael Emer…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Sheri, An owner of a Casitas Capistrano condo 2 bed, 2 bath, 1187 sq ft, 2-story home just came walked in our office (I told you were close to the Mission San Juan and downtown). She needs to either immediately rent or sell her home since her and her husband have new jobs in LA. The home has been upgraded beautifully with hardwood floors, paint, granite counter tops and it's in a great location. She has loved living there for the last year and has great neighbors. Let me know if I can get you further info or arrange a showing. All the best.

Michael Emerson
949-295-6224
Shadi Kian, Agent, Lake Forest, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Sherbear;
I just checked for you in that Casita Capistrano Condos, There are currently 4 active listings available 2 bed rooms and 3 bed rooms ranging from $199,500 to $295,000. If you are intrested to see them i can show them to you. That area is not a gang area. Call me at 949-510-1955 or e-mail me your e-mail address so I can send you these listing for your review. shadikian@cox.net
Shadi Kian
Broker
DeltaMax Mortgage/Realty
Shadi Kian, Agent, Lake Forest, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Hello Sherbear;
How are you? are still looking to buy? San Juan is a very nice place but as you said it can also be tricky. The mission area as you know is an older and has its own charm. Housing, depending to what price range and SFR or Condo, it can have a big factor to neighborhood. I am specializing in South Orange County with a good knowledge of San Juan. You can call me for more information and detail in specific price range so I can let you know what kind of community you might end up in San Juan.
Best of Luck to you,
Shadi Kian
Broker
Sharon Butler, , Orange County, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Call Bonnie Hart is specializes in South County! I would be surprised if she does not respond to your questions as she is really ON her game!
Sharon
Joe Homs, Agent, Laguna Hills, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Sherbear,

Please give me a call or send me an email for additional information. I have been dealing with this community for over thirty years. You can also go onto my website at http://www.joehoms.com to get some more information.

Joe Homs
949-625-4533
joe@joehoms.com
Wright Realty Partners
Bonnie Hart, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Tue Apr 26, 2011
Hi renter,

What you need to do is drive the neighborhood in the daytime and at nighttime and make a judgement call. Then if you are still interested please give me a call so that I can schedule you an appt. to look at the inside.

Bonnie Hart
949-201-6887