Home Buying in Pittsburg>Question Details

Mr.Boomba, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

Looking for Investment Rental Property in Pittsburg, CA

Asked by Mr.Boomba, Santa Clara, CA Sun Jul 29, 2012

Hi Professionals,

What are some of the good areas to buy residential rental properties in Pittsburg, CA area? say, under $250k? My goal is cash flow with cash on cash return 8-10%. I'm planning to use a property management to manage the property. A good school district with convenience access would be good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

4
Mr. Boomba,
It has been almost a year since you asked this question. Were you able to locate a property that fits your needs? Are you taking care of these homes by yourself? Long drive from Santa Clara. Let me know if I can help you.
Hi Mr.Boomba,

See my recent post to another person. You've got plenty of money to get a good rental, but there is NO INVENTORY. If you are willing to find an occupied fixer, you might have a chance. I just closed on a house on Friday.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
I am a Broker in East Contra Costa and think this area is about the best in terms of Return on Investment. 8-10% sounds pretty good, but a lot of it depends on how you do your accounting. I have seen 2 different investors get vastly different numbers. But the rents are solid and the prices low compared to other areas.
I would love to work with you and have references for you in regard to working with investors.
Below is a link to my Free Investor Book and you can also search properties at the site.
That's a pretty low bar for returns. In that case, you can get those returns or better even in some of the hottest markets in the South Bay, including Santa Clara.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Hi Tina,
How can an investor buy a house in south bay with low money? What do you see an estimated return percentage?
Bijay
Flag Wed Sep 16, 2015