Looking for FHA 203k contractors to rehab & remodel in Philadelphia. Any recommedations?

Asked by Honey Butterfield, Philadelphia, PA Sun Apr 4, 2010

I may want to buy a home that need new dry wall, a roof, new kitchen, new bathroom, flooring, etc... I need a contractor who can provide 3 references (required) and who's familiar with the FHA 203k process. Can someone please provide me with information on good contractors who meet the above criteria?

Answers

13
Joe Borelli, Other Pro, Riverview, FL
Tue Jul 26, 2016
In order to fund a 203Krehab loan, a lender needs to be approved by FHA to originate under its various home loan insurance programs. You can access the link below for the latest, updated list of FHA lenders who have funded at least one 203K loan in the past year.

http://www.203klenders.org/
Before & Aft…, , Douglassville, PA
Sat May 15, 2010
Hello . My name is Tony James from Before & After Interiors. I'm currently looking for investors who are in need of contractor that does quality renovations but with reasonable rehab pricing. If this is what your interesting in give me a call 610-385-9388 and check out my website at http://www.b4nafterinteriors.com. I specialize in 203k loans, kitchens, bathrooms, basements and whole house rehabs.
Jaye Hancock, Agent, Phliadelphia, PA
Thu Jun 18, 2015
First Call Construction is a great GC that I recommend most. timely, personal and accountable. 267-334-0133 - Ask for Ben or Brian.
Amandavelez31, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Wed May 27, 2015
Alex arrington from showcase remodeling is your guy high end work for great prices definitely can give you information your looking for specialize in 20 loans
Alex Arringt…, Home Buyer, Florin Fruitridge Industrial Park, Sacramento, CA
Mon Mar 17, 2014
The best general contractors in Phila Pa Metro S Jersey De areas- is Showcase Remodeling for FHA 203k loan processing loans. Call 267 804-8613 - http://showcaseremodeling.blogspot.com
Mark, Home Buyer, 18058
Wed Jan 1, 2014
My name is Mark I've done a few 203k loans I no the deal please call me at 267-586-2535
Steven Dauri…, , Philadelphia County, PA
Sun May 22, 2011
Hello, I'm a private contractor out of Philly, I'm familiar with FHA203k,Hud and all housing regulation in Philadelphia and surrounding county's. I am a retired carpenter from the Phila. Housing Authority.
Im in need of a 203k contractor please give me a call 215-303-1875
Flag Sat Jul 23, 2016
are you licensed to be able to do 203k loan jobs if so please call me 267-591-8037
Flag Fri Feb 13, 2015
Michael, , Philadelphia, PA
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Hello my name is Mike of Mir- Jac Remodeling, I do all phases of remodeling. I am also on facebook Mir-Jac Remodeling, Inc. Pa lic & fully insured. Feel free to contact me @ 610-513-3593. I have done much work in the Philadelphia and Delaware County area.
Nmk2004, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Aug 23, 2010
I am also looking for a contractor willing to do work on a Wells Fargo Streamlined 203k . I would really appreciate any contacts. I am only interested in contractors providing services in Philadelphia, PA.

It seems like the bids I have received so far are very overpriced. Is this something I can expect with a contractor doing a 203k project? As an example, 9'X9' kitchen remodel, i asked for nothing better than "ok" quality and explained I want cheap since this home will be sold anyway, not what I will live in. I was quoted $10k.. This did not even include flooring or appliances.

I can provide same materials for about $2500.00 I have done the research and found vendors. Would a streamlined 203k allow me to purchase materials and have a contractor hired for just the installation of them?
Fix It Right, , Gahanna, OH
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Fix it Right Construction in Columbus is a leading recognized expert in FHA 203k rehabs. We can offer 3 references of the most recent 203k projects. We do 5-6 203k jobs a month. We can explain the process to you and help walk you through the entire process. We work with several banks and brokers on the finance side and can help you find a FHA 203k loan as well. Hud.gov is the best resource for a complete list of guidelines related to your project in Columbus. The contractor must be a licensed HIC General contractor and have proof of license and insurance. Also, contractor must offer a one year warranty on labor. One of the most important steps is a timely and detailed estimate. Every line item on estimate must have description and scope of work, total amount of material, cost breakdown of labor and material. 203kcontractor.com has a directory of qualified professionals who must pass a test strictly on FHA 203k rehabs, have a active General Contractor license and insurance to be excepted. They also talk to your last three customers and verify your knowledge and service. check this site out for a contractor in your area? If your in Columbus Ohio then you can call us at 614-446-6489
Bill Hermanson
D, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, MO
Tue May 18, 2010
Torres Construction....the owner Mike is a professionally trained carpenter so he knows what he is doing plus he is nice. He has done work for quite a few people I know and they have all been happy and referred him to others. His number is 267-278-8591.

Many people may not know this but in Philadelphia you can just go to the municipal building and buy a contractors license for a few hundred bucks. You do not have to show that you have any credentials or professional training which is why there are so many "contractor" out there that have no idea what they are doing. These fly-by-night contractors give low bids, start the work then can't finish it or give such shody craftsmanship that you have to hire someone else to come in and fix it. I had this happen to me. Another person I know had one such "contractor" take a very large deposit, show up for work one day and then he never came back. Whoever you hire make sure they are professionally trained and know what they are doing. Good luck.
Helenm, Home Buyer, Columbus, OH
Sat Apr 24, 2010
Check out Sheppard Development Group Inc. they did a great job on my 203K FHA Historic restoration project in Columbus, Ohio.
Email; info@shepparddevelopmentgroup.com
Helen- Columbus, Ohio
Ed Fallon, M…, , West Chester, PA
Sun Apr 4, 2010
CALL BRIAN BURKE 610-329-0500
GOOD CONTRACTOR, KNOWS FHA 203K