Looking for California Vacation home partnership. I would like to invest in a property and help market it here in Canada as a vacation rental.

Asked by David, California Sat Aug 13, 2011

I live in Canada and have an interest in investing in a Palm springs, or other California home. I have excellent sales and marketing ability for promoting the home as a vacation rental to clients here in Canada. I would also like to use the home as a vacation rental for myself a few weeks of the year. Let me know if you may have some
interest in a partnership.

Answers

10
Lourdrie McN…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Aug 15, 2011
David,

Have you ever considered the Long Beach coastal area in California. Feel free to email me.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
562-879-9677
loubandb@ca.rr.com
Web Reference:  http://loubandb.com
Justin, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon Aug 15, 2011
Did you find your partner?
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sun Aug 14, 2011
We are a family owned one stop turn key solution for Real Estate Investors. We are a licensed RE broker and general contractor, developer, property manager and investor. We specialize in distressed property investments i.e. foreclosures, short sales, probate sales, etc.

Our niche is finding properties that fit our very stringent buying criteria, performing the necessary repairs and either reselling them or adding them to our growing rent/lease and/or lease to own portfolio. We also work with other investors who are seeking to build a portfolio of their own. We work with lots of foreign investors seeking investments in the San Diego, South Orange County, South Riverside County and the Palm Springs, Palm Desert and La Quinta desert area.

We'd love to discuss some investment opportunities with you anytime. Feel free to log onto our website or contact us at joseph@arensengroup.com. Or you may call me anytime at 760 815-6977

Thanks for choosing Trulia. I think you will find many very competent and worthy real estate professionals who would love the opportunity to work with you.

John DL Arendsen
brian foote, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
David:

I may have some possible investors and have an excellent caretaker who takes it seriously. I do subscribe to available resources and would be most willing to do a search for you. The Coachella Valley is comprised of nine some individual towns all different in character. I am partial to Palm Springs because of it's "Old Hollywood/Rat Pack history and culture". Some are really not vacation rental areas at all. There are thousands of listed properties and you would need to be specific to give you a concise search. There is lease and fee land, the latter of which you would own. There are condos, resorts, attached, detached, single family, multiple family, golf course, gated, guarded and some of all of the above. It is like a buffet and a buyer's market. HOA's very from none (single family) to high:gated, guarded and golf course. The valley is surrounded by a ring of mountains with Palm Springs far west and La Quinta on the east. Contact me for further assistance: email is best!

Regards

Brian Foote
Intero Real Estate Services
431 South Palm Canyon Dive
Palm Springs, CA 92264
DRE 01815029
760 898 5800
brianfoote1@msn.com
Keith Ference, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
Hi David: There are some terrific properties in Palm Springs and the surrounding cities. Most people who vacation here and rent out homes are looking for Palm Springs so I'll start there. There are many homes available in several price ranges from $150K condo that rent very well to single family homes starting at $350K. Most homes in the area are in HOA's and have rental restrictions of 30 day rentals or more. I feel you are on the right track and having a partner is great way to buy real estate. Call me at 760-969-3558 or email me at keithference@gmail.com. Keith Ference, Re/Max
Ronnie Starr…, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
Hi David, I would love to assist you in finding an investment property in the Desert. Most people say Palm Springs when they are talking about the Desert. Palm Springs has always been the most eclectic area and still is. Many of my buyers are from Canada and they, like you, want a vacation rental or retirement home.
Many of the answers given below will help you to figure out what type of property you are looking for. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I would need criteria, such as price, size, etc. to do a search and be able to send these listings to you. Please feel free to call on me for assistance.

Ronnie Starr
760.668.2237 cell
rstarr@windermeresocal.com
tj schroeder…, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
David -
What kind of a dollar amount are you thinking about and did you have an idea about how many people you would like to accommodate?
Web Reference:  http://Www.ltjproperties.com
Larry Hansen, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
Hi David,

There are a lot of great real estate agents that can assist you, and you certainly picked a great area of California for a vacation home / rental income property. I live in PGA West in La Quinta, another beautiful community in Palms Springs area. Like most agents, I have sold homes to quite a few Canadians for similar use (part time vacation home, part time rental income). Some things I would advise you look for, particularly if going to rent, would be be a home in a guard gated community and with a golf course that renters can pay to play on (as opposed to a private club). Nice views are also important, preferrably overlooking a nice green golf course and lake if possible and with a nice view of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Also, look at HOA fees, however don't be mislead by communities with low HOA fees as you "get what you pay for". The higher HOA fees typically pay for things like home outside structure and roof maintenance, structural fire and earthquake insurance, landscaping and gardening, common areas, cable tv, patrol guards, etc. whereas those with lower fees may only pay for common areas and perhaps a guard gate and homeowner has to pay for everything else themselves. Just something else to evaluate. Lastly, if you are not familiar with all the communities in this area I wold advise taking some time to look at them before deciding on a home. Each community has its pro and cons and a different lyfestyle feel depending on what you are looking for. One community that is quite popular with Canadians in Santa Rosa Cove near the historic La Quinta Resort. The La Quinta Resort has a lot of amenities that homeowners and renters can enjoy and makes for a popular vacation rental location / destination. Also, PGA West makes a great vacation rental location due to its 6 world famous golf courses. You mentioned "partnerhsip". Are you looking for someone else to invest in a property with you? Let me know if I can be of further assistance. My area of expertise is more in the La Quinta, and Palm Desert areas. Best wishes in your venture. There are some great buys right now!

Larry Hansen, CPA and Broker / Owner
Calif Desert Realty
760-668-2486
Paul Kaplan, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
Vacation homes in Palm Springs do very well in the Canadian Market. Our company has the largest vacation rental management division here in Palm Springs. I'm happy to provide you with information regarding what renters are looking for most in a rental property, as well as the most popular neighborhoods.

If we can be of assistance, please let us know.

http://www.MidCenturyModernPS.com

Paul Kaplan
760-285-8559
Victor Minet…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Sat Aug 13, 2011
In Palm Springs proper, you probably should purchase a mid-century or mid-century modern property here. Elsewhere in the valley, a home in a gated golf community. If you are 55+ a home in a gated 55+ Active Adult community w/golf course.
If you'd like a link to view such possibilities,feel free to email me at VictorMinetti@Tarbell.com. or call me direct at 760.333.9875.

Victor