Home Buying in Somers Point>Question Details

Lovejerseysh…, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Looking at buying shore propery as a second home. Family of 4 - 2 kids and a dog. Somers Point is close

Asked by Lovejerseyshore, New Jersey Sun Aug 17, 2008

enough to our favorite beach-Ocean city, how is it in terms of crime and being family friendly and price?

Somers Point is a great place to live! It is family friendly and has good schools. It is much more reasonably priced than anything in Ocean City yet is just a short trip over the bridge to the beach and boardwalk. It also has great shopping! If you need help finding a place, I would be happy to help you! Check out my website, and you can search the MLS feed, search for properties and be notified when something that matches your search criteria is added to the MLS.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Good morning!!
Somers Point has something to offer for all family members from senior centers to day care. The close proximity to clean beaches and great nightlife make it a wonderful choice for a vacation home. You are able to enjoy all the shore amenities without the chaos!
There are currently 86 residential properties on the market. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss them so that together we can find the perfect one for your family's needs.
I have lived in the area since the mid 70's and love all that is has to offer. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi There-I am a Middletown, NJ resident ( 1 mile outside of Red Bank) and I am looking for a vacation "cottage" near the beach -like you we are a family of four. We love the shore too - We are already there -- in Monmouth County. I plan to visit the Somer's Point area in July and August. How are you making out with your quest for a second home? Can you share any info with me about the Somers Point area? I would appreciate it. We usually vacation in Cape May - we don't really want to live there year round -- becaue it is too touristy and very expensive. Thanks so much. Rose
I was going through the archives and saw that last summer you were looking to purchase property in Somers Point, NJ.
Due to market conditions and economic times, there are some great deals in the area for buyers. If you are still interested, pleae feel free to contact me for assistance. I live in the city by the local golf course and enjoy it immensely.
Funny enough I grew up in Somers Point and it's a great community! Somers Point is great because you are so close to the shore points of interest and only a short drive to Ocean City- but you don't have to pay the Ocean City price for a home. As far as crime goes, NJ state law requires that Real Estate agents have buyers "independently investigate" off site conditions, etc. so I would say to contact the Somers Point Police Department or the Atlantic Coutny Prosecuter's office- you can do that before you start looking or once you find something you like. Today I found some properties for another client who is interested in the same thing you are looking for. Here is a link to show you what I sent ot them- these properties are mostly located near the golf course which is probably the most desirable area in town (it's quiet and close to everything literally minutes from the Ocean City bridge). There are other places available in Somers Point for lower prices, so knowing your idea of affordability would help narrow down your search. There is actually a great deal for around $225,000 that is a lot of home for a little price- however it is subject to a short sale (I can explain that further if you like). Hope this helps, if you would like more information please feel free to call us!

Please click the link above or below to see all homes available for sale listed for sale on the Atlantic County Multiple Listing Service. Feel free to contact me regarding any of these homes. Thank you
I'd suggest looking at the NJ State Police website for crime statistics. Prices in Somers Point start at $159,000 for a 2 bedroom fixer upper. A 3 bedroom would start around $240,000. If you can afford in the upper 2's lower 3's you can probably find something in Ocean City.

Contact me if you'd like to receive automatic updates from the Multiple Listing Service in Somers Point and Ocean City.

Hello Lovejersey,

Feel free to check out my website,(below - click the link) you can search for home in Somers Point single family in the mid $200K from the Multiple Listing Service. Contact me and I would be happy to show you around. I recently sold a home in Somers Point on Bala Drive, minutes to Ocean City Beach. There;s a lot to choose from and interest rates are still good. Crime, you should check with the local police. As far as family friendly, not sure what your question is. The area is beautiful! Hope to hear from you soon.