Looking at buying jerseyshore propery as a second home. Family of 4 - 2 kids and a dog. Somers Point is close

Asked by Lovejerseyshore, New Jersey Sun Aug 17, 2008

enough to our favorite beach-Ocean city, how is it in terms of crime and being family friendly and price?

Answers

3
Joanne Berna…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Sun Jul 17, 2011
Somers Point is a great little town! Lots of good shopping and close to Ocean City. You can get more house for your money and a yard too in Somers Point compared to Ocean City. However, remember if you are planning on using the beach you will have to make the trip across the bridge. Not a bad one if you time your visit so it doesn't conflict with the rental check in times for Saturday 2 to 3 pm. I'd be happy to help you find a great deal on a home in Somers Point.
Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Keller Williams
609-947-2451
Carolee Drin…, Agent, Ocean City, NJ
Wed Oct 27, 2010
If you love the Jersey Shore, you want to be at the shore. Ocean City is a great family town and homes are much more reasonable than a couple of years ago. Let me help find you that perfect second home.
Stephanie And…, , Northfield, NJ
Tue Aug 19, 2008
Funny enough I grew up in Somers Point and it's a great community! Somers Point is great because you are so close to the shore points of interest and only a short drive to Ocean City- but you don't have to pay the Ocean City price for a home. As far as crime goes, NJ state law requires that Real Estate agents have buyers "independently investigate" off site conditions, etc. so I would say to contact the Somers Point Police Department or the Atlantic Coutny Prosecuter's office- you can do that before you start looking or once you find something you like. Today I found some properties for another client who is interested in the same thing you are looking for. Here is a link to show you what I sent ot them- these properties are mostly located near the golf course which is probably the most desirable area in town (it's quiet and close to everything literally minutes from the Ocean City bridge). There are other places available in Somers Point for lower prices, so knowing your idea of affordability would help narrow down your search. There is actually a great deal for around $225,000 that is a lot of home for a little price- however it is subject to a short sale (I can explain that further if you like). Hope this helps, if you would like more information please feel free to call us!