Home Buying in Woodbridge>Question Details

Ben, Home Buyer in Woodbridge, CA

Loan options for a Canadian citizen currently working in US

Asked by Ben, Woodbridge, CA Sun Jun 17, 2012

After working for two years in Canada (have been in the same line of field for more than 10 years), I joined an engineering company in Irvine on July 2011. I am looking to buy a house in Irvine (in 600-700k range) and have the 20% down payment. I have been having a though time to find a lender so far. I have an excellent credit history in Canada and got my first US credit card on Jan 2011 (currently have 3). I am currently on TN visa but will be switching to 3-year H-1b on October. The company has already started the process for permanent residence, but I think it will take a while before I can get my Green Card.

My questions are:
1. Given my current situation am I eligible to get a loan at the moment ?
2. What aspects am I missing that prevent me to get a good loan ? Is it Green Card, more down payment, two year employment history, two year US tax return (currently have only one) ? Which one is more important ?
3. Any other suggestions that can help me

Thank you very much in advance