Brian, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Living in Camelback East

Asked by Brian, New Jersey Mon Mar 28, 2011

How are the condo/townhouse complexes in Camelback East? I am interested in being an owner/occupant while attending ASU. I noticed that the area seems to be pretty nice (ran through it a couple of days ago,) and also a little less expensive than Tempe. Is there some drawback to the area?

Professional code of ethics prevents agent make any comments. HOWEVER Google search for media published articles OR have a Realtor provide property tours of the 2 areas

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
Hi Brian,
The area is very nice but the one thing you need to be careful about when purchasing any condo/townhouse is the health of the homeowners association. Many have gotten hurt from all the foreclosures and have raised their fees and might not have a healthy enough reserve in case of emergencies. I am very conscious of this when working with my buyers to check this out. In the south Scottsdale area you have many students as well since it's close to school and close to downtown Scottsdale at the same time. I own a home there that I rent out and it's always rented to students that work in downtown as well. If you have any other questions or need help in your search, feel free to contact me.
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
Distance and not as many students in the 19-23 range. Living at each of these places will get you a totally different feel.
The Camelback area is a great value. The difference between Camelback & Tempe is location. If you are willing to have a bit of a commute it would be a good investment. For excellent service call Jacque Stowe, Realtor Sonoran Fine Properties 480-980-8286