Live in California trying to buy a home credit is at 600 but, still working on it can I get a home

Asked by Changes12, 75024 Wed Jun 27, 2012

Answers

20
SAM BROCK, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Plano, TX
Fri Mar 20, 2015
I can do FHA loans that meet certain other criteria down to a 600 score. The real questions come along with why you have a 600 score. Any history of bankruptcy, foreclosure, short-sale, or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure brings some mandatory wait times into the equation.

I'd be happy to discuss, if you are going to be trying to buy here in Texas. Give me a call or shoot me an email anytime!

Thanks!
Sam B. Brock
NMLS # 884442
Residential Mortgage Loan Officer
SUPREME LENDING
Ofc: 972-918-0404
Mob: 214-404-5059
Sam.Brock@SupremeLending.com
Keith W Hefn…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Mar 18, 2015
I work with some great lenders that can go down to 580, are you trying to buy a home in cali or texas?
Robyn The Re…, Agent, Arlington, TX
Sun Dec 8, 2013
Hello Calif Mover:

With my lender the minimum score is 640. However, please do not try to build or correct your credit yourself. I recently learned that you can do more harm to your score than good if you are not really careful. Did you know that by paying off some things, you can hurt your score?

You need a great Realtor, who can recommend great lenders to guide you.
John Hamidi, Agent, Frisco, TX
Sun Aug 4, 2013
I have heard you can get FHA LOAN with score of 585
check with a bank and try ti improve 40 more

for sure you can get with 640

John Hamidi

3600 preston Rd ste 100

Plano TX 75093

http://www.johnhamidi.kwrealty.com

Email: johnhamidi@gmail.com

Bus: 469-252-4661
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jul 31, 2013
600 is not gonna work. Sorry. But, talk to any lender of your choice and get real hard answers.
Tricia Delga…, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Sounds like you are really working hard to get into a home. A great lender is your best friend. Each will have different programs that will work for you. The lender can help you improve your credit score. Sometimes with just a little change here or there. Need a referral- give me a call or email.
Shannon Brad…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Nov 24, 2012
Lender programs change quite frequently. I work with a loan officer who has been able to get FHA approval with a 580. I would encourage you to take the first step and consult with a lender you are comfortable with. We can all speculate, but you won't know until you try. If you are interested, I'd be more than happy to provide you the contact information for a few lenders.
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Changes12,

I hope by now you have talked to a lender or two who can help you. If you haven't, give me a call and I can hook you up with some lenders who can help. Now is a good time to buy since the interest rate is still low, so I would suggest not to wait.

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Joseph Pytch…, , Plano, TX
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Morning!

I am a lender, if you need any help or advice I would be happy to assist. Torang is correct, you have to have a minimum 620 in order to qualify however, if you have a 600, I know of a program to help correct your credit scores very quickly, allowing you get into a new home faster. It is safe, fast and effective. Give me a call sometime and I will look more into it for you!

Joseph Pytcher
NMLS# 69474
817-637-7001
joseph.pytcher@cobaltmortgage.com
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Oct 10, 2012
You may talk to a mortgage banker because professional person will give you a good advice.
Ivan Bucio, Agent, Allen, TX
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Yes but you'll be required a minimum down payment of 10%. If you manage to get your credit scores up to 620 then your minimum down payment would be 3.5% of the sales price on a FHA loan. With a minimum credit score of 620 you should be able to get a 30 year fixed FHA loan with a rate of about 3.5%, good luck!
Michelle Pie…, , North Dallas, Dallas, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
I have a lender who can take care of you with a 600 credit score. There are many things that determine credit worthiness, the credit score is only one facet. Call me 972-800-7617

Michelle Pierson
Diamond Realty Group
972-800-7617
ms.pierson@yahoo.com
Jason Hall, Other Pro, Makawao, HI
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Oops, thought this was Zillow and can't self promote.

Here's my info:

Jason Hall
Board Certified Credit Expert
Rapid Rescore Credit
jason@rapidrescorecredit.com
Direct phone- (949) 505-9971
Direct fax- (866) 567-8054
Hunt Holdrid…, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Plano City offers home buyers assistance programs. They pay for your closing costs and down payment. Contact me directly to further discuss your goals.

Cheers!
Hunt

--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
Tricia Delga…, Agent, Plano, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
You are in luck. There are more programs available for you. The loan officer is the key. He will have the answers to your questions. Some times a small adjustment will change your score. Let me know if you need referrals to lenders whe can help.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Recommend contact a mortgage broker who will review your loan application. Most lenders require 625 credit score . Credit score is merely one part of approval process for a home loan

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Robbin Smith, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Yes you can. I have a lender that will guide you through every step. She is very experienced, knowledgeable and easy to work with. She can do most of the work over the phone and via email. Call, text or email me and I will send you her contact info. Let me know if I can help you with finding a home.
Thanks.

Robbin Smith
Robbin@Robbin-Smith.com
214-497-7475
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Changes12,

I have a lender that can give you advice. Feel free to call me or email and I'll give you the number. He has helped many of my clients and very resourceful. Having lived in California before, you'll find tremendous deal here in Plano compared to where you are. Of course, it also depends on which area in California you are. You don't see any housing bubble here, either.

Let me know if you need help relocating here.

Take care!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
United Real Estate
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Jason Hall, Other Pro, Makawao, HI
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Try working on getting your scores up. Look first at your credit card balances. Try and get them down below 30% of the limits.

Next, if you have any collection accounts that you can afford to pay, I'd recommend doing so. You must be careful though. If it's not been updated recently, then paying it may drop your score.

There are a lot of little things to look out for when dealing with your negative credit. I can review your report and give you specifics if you'd like.

It takes me just a couple minutes to go through your account info and give you direction.

Contact me through my profile.
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Hi there,

In Texas....you at least to have 630 to able to get a home loan.

But in Cali might be different.

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com