I will have to "assume" you are the buyer and (different areas use different terminology) I will again have to "assume" by escrow, you mean in contract.
1. If you are the buyer, have your Realtor contact the other Realtor or the listing agent's Broker.
2. If you are the buyer, have your Realtor's broker contact the Broker of the listing agent.
3. If you are the buyer and not represented, call the listing agent's broker yourself.
4. If you are the seller and your Realtor is not complying with your wishes, call their Broker.
5. If you are the selling agent, have your broker call the listing agent's broker.
If you are in contract, the listing agent may be using the listing as a way to attract more buyers so they can get more deals. Is this legal? It is definitely not moral.
I personally do not like it, no matter what the reason and I believe it may be in defiance of MLS Rules and Ethics.