Tara, Home Buyer in Middlesex, NJ

Listing Price of 269900. Would would be a decent offer in this type of market?

Asked by Tara, Middlesex, NJ Fri Apr 18, 2008

I really like this home. East Brunswick too. Listed a bit too high for ME (and it could use a new bathroom and kitchen) but other than that, I love it and love the community. Listing price is 269900, but all other homes in the community (only 2 others are up for sale) and they are going for 330...meaning there are only 2 other homes for sale in that community and they're way too expensive for me. My realtor said that everything else like this home has recently sold for about what they're asking...

Therefore, I dont want to make an offer so low it would make them completely overlook me.

Yet, I still want to be able to negotiate a lower price with them.

Would 240 be a good offer? 235? Too High , too low? Opinions? I feel like its going to sell any minute if I dont make a good offer...I really like this place way more than I like any other place but I'm stuck on the offer.

Answers

2
Puliyur Nara…, Landlord, Scotch Plains, NJ
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Hi Tara,

I understand you were looking to buy a condo in Society Hill East Brunswick and that you were looking for one around Spring 2008. However, I have my condo (a really beautiful one - 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, small dining area, living room, 1 fireplace, balcony, new windows, and great appliances) available for sale. You can view that in zillow.com (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/103-Morgan-Pl-East-Brunswi…). You could email me back (puliyurnarayanan@hotmail.com) or call me at 908-884-6837.
Thomas E Ada…, , Mexico Beach, FL
Fri Apr 18, 2008
Depending on your market. Most times you can go online to your count appraisers website ans get recent sales prices. Then compare what is selling to what you are trying to buy.