Limited showing times - Springboro, OH???

Asked by Kim, Vancouver, WA Sun Feb 10, 2008

I am confused about several sellers limiting showing times to Sunday only, etc. My assumption is that they are not motivated much if at all. As a seller in WA, I am more than willing to show my house at any time excluding mornings while getting children ready and after bedtime. Actually, I would probably make an exception if an interested buyer asked.

I understand that sellers have lives they have to continue living, but their houses just are not going to sell as quickly if they limit showings to a few hours one day of the week. Is this a common problem? I sound like a broken record but I just don't get it.

Answers

8
Mary Starkey’s answer
Mary Starkey, Agent, Springboro, OH
Wed Jul 8, 2009
Kim, it really is not a common problem. here in the Dayton area. I am a real estate agent in Springboro and my clients have always been cooperative in flexible showing time. I agree that if a seller has limited their showings to just one day a week, then they must lack motivation to sell. However, there may be other situations of which I am not aware that warrent only a Sunday showing.
Web Reference:  http://www.MaryStarkey.com
Susan Morris, , Centerville, OH
Tue Jul 7, 2009
Hi Kim,

I'm hosting an open house on Sunday, July 12th on Park Ln in Springboro from 2-4. If you have yet to find a home, I would love to have you tour this beautiful yet affordable listing. Most of my sellers do their best to accommodate potential buyers.

Are you currently working with an agent who is familiar with Springboro? That might be the best place to start. It would be my pleasure to introduce you to Springboro.

Let me know if I can help,

Susan Morris
Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors
937-510-1248
smorrisrealtor@gmail.com
Dolly Redick, Agent, Springboro, OH
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Kim, I share your frustration with "limited showing times". As an agent in Springboro OH, I have had some - but, limited experience with this problem. However, I must say, not lately. Sellers are beggin agents to bring buyers. There is a glut of homes and buyers are taking their sweet time choosing. I'm not sure why, unless they are afraid they'll miss a better deal "tomorrow". There are some very sweet deals to be had in Springboro. If a seller is limiting their showing times, I'd have to say they are not very motivated. The motivated seller is the one who will be willing to price a home right and negotiate. My suggestion is to move on to another of the many houses available. If you have fallen in love with one with limited showing times, you don't have much choice buy to accomodate the sellers, but be prepared for them to be less likely to negotiate their price.
Mary Starkey, , Dayton, OH
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Kim, I am a Realtor in Springboro and I have never run into that problem. This may have been an isolated case and may have been from the seller but may also have been from the real estate agent. Most seller's are very willing to cooperate with showing their home to potential buyers. We do have a marketing technique called an "Open House" where the real estate agent holds the house open and invites potential buyers to visit. But this is in addition to also showing the home to individuals at their convenience. I hope you have a better experience next time.
Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Sounds about as fun as trying to get multiple tennants to allow for a showing on a multi-family property. I agree with the other posts, tough to sell a property you can't see & show.
J R, , New York, NY
Sun Feb 10, 2008
It is very hard to sell a house that you can't get into. The only times I've even bothered to show a house with limited showing times, the owner backed out of the deal. So you're right, they weren't motivated. I only took a listing like that once, but the couple were both police officers and slept odd hours.
Don Bush Team, , Columbus, OH
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Difficult for owners to set up. In most areas, Realtors have sophistocated system for showing times.
David M. Chi…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Sun Feb 10, 2008
That IS surprising. I have never had that problem in my area. I would strongly object to a sellers offering such a small opportunity for buyers to see their home.
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinakron.com