Liberty Harbor in Downtown Jersey City - flooding

Asked by Ivy & Bryan, New York, NY Wed Oct 9, 2013

I am looking to buy in Liberty Harbor in downtown Jersey City and was wondering how serious flooding has affected the area during Sandy and Irene (or any other time). How do you see property values are affected?

Any comments are appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Answers

3
Jonny Lowell…, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Nov 12, 2013
Hi First Time,

Any place directly near the water (like Liberty Harbor) is likely to have experienced some flooding; truthfully, most units in Jersey City experienced flooding on some level, though the range of damage is dramatic.

Check the link below for the flood zone map:

http://jerseycitynj.gov/emergency.aspx?id=11514

If you haven't found an agent yet, I specialize in downtown Jersey City, and I would be happy to assist you further.

Jonny Lowell-Mazzye
Joseph A Del Forno, Inc.
917.284.2806
jonny@delfornorealestate.com
James Cahill, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Sat Nov 9, 2013
From an inventory point of view, downtown JC is actually pretty lean at this point in time. Even at this time of year, you are still seeing very motivated buyers looking in the area. I think that for the most part it is affected garden level units in Hoboken and Downtown JC. If you would like to learn about some of the newer inventory as it comes out, feel free to contact me at any time at james@primereg.com
sylvia sudia, Home Buyer, Jersey City, NJ
Thu Oct 31, 2013
I saw much flooding after Sandy but like all other distressed homeowners the continuing ramifications
are case by case and largely personal (too painful to reveal :there is a lot of selling going on in JC)