Lender says they wont accept offer letter, but want 2-3 check stubs. I just moved to area and need to close on home before school starts.Suggestions?

Asked by meisha.hall, Overland Park, KS Sat Jul 26, 2014

Answers

3
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sun Aug 3, 2014
You should have been pre-qualified to buy. At that time they would have told you what you needed once you made an offer. The key is your loan officer, talk to them about what you need and get it. Your buyer agents can also work with your loan officer to explain it to you
Dottie James, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Hi Meisha,

Are you working with a buyers agent? They should be able to help you through this process, as well as your Loan Officer. If you are unhappy with your lender you could always shop with some other lenders, this is usually easier to do in beginning however always possible, every company is different.
I am in the overland park are as well, if you are not working with a buyers agent then give me a call maybe I can help, if you are I would start with them!

Thanks and Welcome to the Area!

Dottie
Angel Berry Realtors, Inc
816-529-0590
Juliana Litt…, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Sun Aug 3, 2014
Hi Meisha - Welcome to the area - it's a great place to live. Regarding your question - some standards for lending are required by law but others are policies of the lender so you may want to check around with other lenders. Check with your agent - they may be able to provide you with a list of lenders they have recently worked with. Good luck with your home search.