Lease expires 09/15, tired of $1462/mo renting. Retired Navy w/ VA compensation and GS employee. Want to use VA Loan for TH or condo in Woodbridge

Asked by ebbb, Woodbridge, VA Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

15
Cine Wright, Agent, Stafford, VA
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Hi Ebb,

Excellent question and one I'd welcome an opportunity to spend time learning more how I am able to assist you. I too am a Army Veteran, married to Navy Veteran and work a large amount of my business assisting all veterans whenever and wherever I can.

We also reside in the Woodbridge area and I work within all Prince William County Communities. Should you still be seeking assisting, I'd be delighted to offer my services and yes, even though you have some time to go before your lease expires in September.

Feel free to contact me direct at cinewright@gmail..com or 703-861-8017 and let's begin putting some things in order so when the time is right, you'll be ready to go!

Thank you for your service and dedication to our country....One Veteran to Another!
Alicia Utz, Agent, Lorton, VA
Sat Jan 26, 2013
ebbb,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I am a military spouse located in Lake Ridge and specialize in military/DOD relocation and VA buyers. As you know, now is a great time to purchase since interest rates remain low. I work with a local lender here in Lake Ridge who helps many Veterans each year. Please call me if you would like to learn more about how I can assist you in finding the "right" home for YOU with the right terms.

Alicia Utz, REALTOR
(703) 232-5766 cell
Mary Ann Cam…, Agent, Albuquerque, NM
Fri Jan 18, 2013
If you are looking for a lender I would try Gary Nester at Prosperity mortgage. His office is in Woodbridge and his cell phone is 703 986-5859. he it great with VA loans.
Janet M Lange, Agent, Centreville, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Ebbb,

First of all, you need a pre-approval from your favorite bank or credit union lender. Right now, there are not many properties available in Woodbridge. However, as the Spring approaches, many more will come on the market and that would be the perfect time to get an idea of what is available in the area.

You could ideally purchase a townhome in July and go to closing at the end of August. In this scenario, you would have no payment until October.

I work exclusively with active duty and retired military and would consider it an honor to assist you in your home purchase. I also give a 25% commission rebate to all of my military clients.

Most sincerely,

Janet Lange
Avery-Hess, REALTORS
Military Relocation Specialist
571-722-4348
Loretta Ross…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
If you don't know the area, the sooner the better to start looking! And as previously noted, it is best to find out what you qualify for. Once that is done then you and your family need to decide what you are comfortable paying monthly. I tell my clients that getting qualified for a large sum is good, but what do you want to spend? If you don't have a lender you are working with I have some recommendations in the area. Thank you!
Vern McHargue, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Tony is right! Get your ducks in a row to be sure what you will qualify for. Too many buyers start looking before they're really ready, only to get frustrated. IMPORTANT - get all documents related to your financial life ready for any lender. After pre-approval you will be asked for many things. A good agent and lender will make your life much easier in this respect. But you're doing the right thing now by asking questions.

Vern
703-626-3188
Tony Brula, , Prince William County, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
You want to get preapproved. Call me to discuss. I also have a Realtor that will donate 25% of her commission to VA..

Tony Brula
571-331-3219
ebbb, Home Buyer, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Thank you for the responses, my next question is do I start househunting now? or is it too soon with my lease expiring in September?
Tony Brula, , Prince William County, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
I can help you with your VA loan. I live in Manassas, work for Access National Mortgage, a Direct Lender and I've been working with a lot of people at the Pentagon lately on VA loans. Very good deals, I can get rate around 3.25% and give you back close to 2 points towards closing costs.

Tony Brula
Sr Mortgage Banker
Access National Mortgage
571-331-3219
Heather Carl…, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
HI there! With current VA rates around 3.375% you could buy a nice TH in Lake Ridge 22192 under 260k with taxes, insurance and HOA (home owner community dues) you could have the same payment as renting and also still get a tax write off. We should chat. I am extremely investment oriented when it comes to buying homes and I own 2 homes in Lake Ridge thus know it well. Heather 703-401-5805 OR http://www.myrealtorheather.com
Carol McCart…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Well, it's certainly a great time to purchase with interest rates so low. Because of that, for the same house, mortgage rates are well below what rent would be for the same property. If you are interested, I work with a lender that is very experienced with VA loans. This is her website: http://www.allaboutveteranloans.com/

Give me a call. I would love to help you find a new home.
Vern McHargue, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
First, thanks for your Navy service! Look for agents with skills - business, negotiation, contracts - and who you feel comfortable representing you. There are MANY to choose from but you can select the best. Also look for a brokerage firm that has the depth of competency and experience to handle every possible situation.

Please let me know if you would like to talk after you've looked around. I help military families often and it would be my pleasure to assist.

- Vern
703-626-3188
Ingrid Mendez, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
You have sooooo many options, with rates as low as they are, you can buy a great home. I can help you get out of your lease and into a home right away. Feel free to contact me at your convenience

http://www.IngridMendez.com
703-731-0857
Loretta Ross…, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Good morning!
I am happy to help you in your home search. I've helped many retired military and am happy to say I'm a brat of an AF officer who retired in this area.
Just contact me at your earliest convenience and we'll get started.
Thank you!
Tawnya Baird, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Fri Jan 18, 2013
I would love the opportunity to speak with you more about this. With so much time we could put together a plan with a time line so you could find the perfect home. Feel free to call me at your convience at 703-675-9323
Tawnya Baird
Coldwell Banker Residenial Brokerage