Suenos De Al…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Kenai or Soldotna?

Asked by Suenos De Alaska, Los Angeles, CA Thu Sep 9, 2010

I was thinking of investing in a property on the Kenai Peninsula? Could someone give me some advice on whether a home in the city of Kenai or in Soldotna would be better as a rental property? Thanx

I live in the Soldotna area. From a resident point of view, Kenai has most the shopping centers and is generally less expensive as far as house prices, however water quality is a big concern. Much of that area has contamination. Property taxes for in town homes are also higher in Kenai. Overall I'd choose Soldotna out of town personally, but it's more a personal choice thing.

This link below might help you.
Both places are great cities here on the Kenai Peninsula! When chosing which place to live I would consider where you work and what you like for recreation, based on those two things might help you decide which city would be best for you. Feel free to visit my website where you can learn about both communties and additional infomation about the area.

Chris Druesedow
Freedom Realty
(907) 598-4663
I live in Kenai and fishing is huge here. Anywhere near the river would be a great investment and both towns have huge tourist numbers. The majority of tourists like the rustic cabin feel without actually being in the woods-- if you know what I mean. You'll have an easy time renting in the summer ,it's the winter you need to worry about. Most Alaskan residents do not want to rent a home for 6-7 months out of the year to then be kicked out in the summer for tourists. Just remember, our winter is LONG here. The tourist season typically starts in May and ends in early September. Hope this helps!
Your best bet is to find a Realtor that specializes in this part of Alaska. They have access to all of the Rental data in this area and may be able to give you historic data for home and land prices.

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and D.C. - 28 Years