KB Home(resale) construction quality

Asked by siaj_nad, Fremont, CA Tue Mar 11, 2014

How quality of KB construction hold up on a resale property ? I hv read pretty bad feedback on KB quality. I am interested in one of houses in Montebello community.

Answers

5
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Thu Mar 13, 2014
If you dig deep enough, you will find negative reviews on every builder in North America ... I've also found bad reviews for dentists, politicians ... you get the idea. As Brian said, I've also never had a buyer tell me they did not want to see any KB homes - and I've certainly sold a LOT of them. And as a licensed general contractor as well as a realtor, I've not seen any KB home locally that I would not personally buy.
.
Dawn Rivera, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Mar 12, 2014
Hi I have clients who have just bought new homes from KB one in Fremont and one in Hayward.. They have been in the homes for over a year. Both are very happy. As Brian said since KB is a home builder who builds many many homes there are bound to be some who are unhappy and many who are very happy. Hope this helps. Dawn
Brian Ripp, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Mar 12, 2014
KB and Citation Homes are first & second time home buyers typically. KB is the largest (or one of the largest) so I'm sure there are a lot of negative stuff about there homes. But I'm sure there are people that are happy with their homes also.

I have been selling in Fremont since 1985 and I have seen many resale KB homes in Fremont, Newark and Union City. I don't see any problems with these communities. As long as the home owners paint when they need paint, maintain their yards, take care of the home & property - the value and the neighborhood will continue to increase in value.

I have never had a buyer come to me and say 'don't show me a KB home' - never. So the resale will be just the same as most every well maintained community.

Hope this helps,
Brian

.
Byron Hebert, Agent, Ormond Beach, FL
Sat Mar 29, 2014
As others said KB Homes is a large nationally known builder. They build a great house at a great value. They build in their own developed communities and typically offer 4-6 floor plans per community with a variety of options, however if you are looking for lots of customization and individual styling then they may not be the best choice for you, however this has nothing to do with the quality of their homes.

A good comparison of KB homes to the automotive industry would be KB homes is like Ford and Chevy they provide a main stream product at a good price, however KB homes is not the BMW or Mercedes of builders, and based on their prices points you would be foolish to compare them to builders who charge 25-50% more to build the same size home.

So bottom line KB Homes is a great choice and a solid builder.
Web Reference:  http://www.jbyronrealtor.com
Matthew Smith, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Mar 18, 2014
KB Home is a major home developer nationwide. They have broad experience at various price points over many years and warrant their work. They are not going anywhere. As a prospective new home buyer, I would be seeking out homes built by major, reputable builders rather than a small, unknown builder with little track record or market reputation.