Just curious what $550,000 should get me on Staten Island?

Asked by Geo0171, Staten Island, NY Sun Jul 24, 2011

First off, I must say that Staten Island home owners are in serious denial about the true value of their home. I was just curious what some of you think $550,000 should be able to buy me in todays market. I am looking on the south shore of Staten Island above Hylan Blvd.

Answers

10
Deborah Brac…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Sun Jul 24, 2011
This is a broad and difficult question to answer. However, looking at the houses sold from January 2011 to the present in the $540,000 to 560,000 price range there were 10 houses sold in the South Shore. Amongst these were six 1 family detached, three 2 family detached, and one 2 family attached. Their styles were mainly colonial, hi ranch, and one contemporary. Year built from 1945 to 2009. Square footage from 1500 to 2700 sq. ft. All were in Excellent condition being recently renovated, practically new, or well maintained. So now you can see how much it varies. It all depends on what you're looking for and what you're willing to spend when that right house for you comes along.....
Web Reference:  http://www.deborahbracco.com
Geo0171, , Staten Island, NY
Sun Jul 31, 2011
@Eli. Home owners are not on the defensive end, they are in denial. When you have a homeowner who is trying to sell a 3 BR 1.5 bath 980 sf home on a 4000 sf lot for $600,000, I would say that is denial. Home is located on the south shore of SI above Hylan and NO comps are remotely close to the asking price.
Abdul Nasher, , New York
Sun Jul 31, 2011
$550,000 can get you agreat buisness with a weekly gross income of 25000.50-75% proffit.
.
For more inf . please call Abdul Nasher @718-501-4779 ASAp
Web Reference:  http://a.nasher@kw.com
Elias Ruiz, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Hello

In all fairnes, I have never met a BUYER who thinks that the asking price for a home is the right price. No matter what is asked, they want it to be lower. That's why some h/o are on the defensive end. Serrious buyers are not having a problem finding a home.
Beatrice Kar…, , Staten Island, NY
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Hi Geo 0171 July 26,2011

My suggestion is to interveiw some agents, to make a recommendation to a good working agent that will satisfy your needs, with all the questions regarding the real estate transaction.
regards Beatarice
Rita Colon-B…, Agent, staten island, NY
Mon Jul 25, 2011
What is important to you? A large lot? Interior square footage? New construction? Older home? A detached home? Just a few questions, that would need to be considered that are factored into the price.
Some homeowners that purchased their home within the last few years, place their homes on the market believing their value increased, unfortunately, for them, most are worth about the same now as when they purchased.
However, you can always make an offer on a property based on the price of similar homes sold in the area.
Give me a call and we can check the South Shore inventory in your price range.
Arlene Trunzo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Mon Jul 25, 2011
Feel free to contact me, I would be happy to email you listings in the price range that you referred to. Many listings will have interior photos.

Arlene Trunzo cmyrealtor@aol.com
Arlene Trunzo
Debi Bolusi, Agent, Land o Lakes, FL
Sun Jul 24, 2011
There are actually some 2 family detached homes as well as 1 family detached homes in that price range on the south shore. I actually have a new listing for a very nice 2 family detached in Tottenville, listed at $549,900. You could also get a very nice 2 family or 1 family semi for under $550,000. Please feel free to contact me if I can help you with your search.
John LaSpina, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jul 24, 2011
Within that price range might land you a two family home more likely without a basement on a concrete slab, all brick with about a lot size of 4k sq feet and of course a good agent that can negotiate a deal on your behalf. I know since I live in the area your referring to and have seen some of the homes up for sale within that price range
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Jul 24, 2011
Keep in mind that in order to determine a fair value, comps need to be reviewed, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area; therefore, consider working with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide....