JUST BOUGHT 10214 CALERA RD IN 19114 FOR $224,000 DOES THAT SOUND RESONABLE?

Asked by William Summers, Langhorne, PA Mon May 19, 2008

JUST BOUGHT THE HOUSE. ND HAVE FIRST TIME HOME BUYER JITTERS. IS THIS A GOOD PRICE FOR REALLY NICE UPDATED HOUSE. THANKS

Answers

5
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon May 19, 2008
10232 Calera sold for $204K I believe maybe around a year ago so you are in the ballpark. Your property has a larger back yard I believe as well. Looks like the one that you are referring to is still "Active" so I presume you have not closed on it yet. If that is the case, if you are doing financing, you will have an independent bank appraisal done on the property which is a nice protection from a value standpoint.

I would also consult with your buyers agent and ask that person to let you know what other properties in the immediate vicinity have sold for as well to support your offer. The property was listed at 224,900. Looks like you had close to a full price offer ?

Good luck in your purchase !

Also, view our website below for more helpful hints !
Web Reference:  http://www.thesomersteam.com
Stacey & Big…, Agent, Feasterville, PA
Mon May 19, 2008
Yes, it does - that's right around the corner from my mom's house and the last house on her street sold for $220. Everyone gets a little buyers remorse when they sign a contract, but I bet you will be very happy there. Good Luck William!
Jen Bulsza, Both Buyer And Seller, 19154
Fri May 23, 2008
Hi- That neighborhood is very nice, but be aware that Calera gets a decent amount of traffic. Because of that, I'm thinking your house should be a *little* cheaper than those around it. I'd consult a real estate pro to make sure you get comps for other homes nearby. Obviously a much updated house deserves more money, but prices have dropped a lot from last year.

Like I said, the neighborhood IS a nice one and you are in the ballpark- just make sure you see the pending houses to make sure you're not paying too much. I'd say if you're within a few thousand and you love the house, you're in fine shape!!!

Best of luck to you and congrats!
Adrienne Reh…, , Southampton, PA
Wed May 21, 2008
William, That is a good price & a Great Neighborhood. I grew up on that block & most of the same neighbors are still there,including my parents. That was a well maintained home , The people that lived there took great care of that home. It is also a Great location, especially for children. Most schools are all within walking distance. You have Liberty Bell Organization right up the street along with a playground & 2 pre Kindergartens. The stores are very convenient also. That is why they say Location, Location!! You picked a Great One at a great price. If you have any questions about financing, I can also help you there. please feel free to contact me at arehiel@ivyleaguemortgage.com or 215-953-1960 ext 206. Either way Good Luck in your new Home & Enjoy Calera Road !!
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Mon May 19, 2008
Wiiliam,

Congratulations on your first home!

The owner you bought it from bought the home in '06 for 200K. According to the pictures, it may seem that the work may have been done after it was bought. Ask about it. Depending if contractors were used or not, warranties should come with the work done.

There is no MLS history, so it was listed privately. This means that I can not tell what the condition of the property in the '06 sale.

Although you are paying top dollar for this home, it would seem the home could demand it.

If you are planning on staying in the home for a good number of years, I would not worry too much about it. Home prices generally double every 7 to 10 years or so.

Keep up on the repair work and your new home will also be an excellant investment.

Terrence Charest