It was a Buyers Representation Agreement but we found the one house and he only showed us that one house and then we didnt like it so we built

Asked by Wanda, North Carolina Mon Nov 9, 2009

Answers

1
Beth Gionis, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Hi Wanda!
A Buyers representation agreement is not just about the Realtor finding you a house. It's about having someone to work for you and on your behalf during the entire purchase process. It's the knowledge of the market and helping you make the right choices from the purchase price to inspections and all negotiations in between. As well as using the experience we have in the industry to help guide our clients in making the right decisions. I hope you were able to gain the benefit of all your Realtor had to offer during the building process because the site person works for the builder and has no duty towards the buyers at all. So many times we hear about folks who built and did not work with an agent - I could share many horror stories... I can tell you, that in todays world, finding a home for my client's is only the "tip of the iceberg" as far as what I provide in service. I hope you enjoy your home and remember that showing houses is the fun part for us and the work begins when we help make the initial offer to purchase!
Best of Luck,
Beth