It sounds to complicated on buying a house especially if you are a first time homebuyer since I don't have any idea on how the process is. Is?

Asked by Hernandez-iris, Houston, TX Mon Jan 20, 2014

there any program that can get all the info on how everything is or where do I have to start??

Answers

12
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Your best bet is to find an experienced, reputable agent/broker who regularly works with first time buyers. They will know the process and the kinds of things that first timers need to know/want to know to make the process a success.
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun Jan 26, 2014

The process is not complicated. It takes multiple steps and requires you to be patient.

Providing you get a great buyer's agent on your side, and a dedicated lender , you will be fine.

Buying your first home is exciting, and rewarding. Try not to stress over it. Instead enjoy the process. You will learn a lot, find out you already know a few things, but most of all: At the end of the process you will have your very own home. Oh what a feeling!!!!!

Much success to you!

Happy House hunting.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Keith Boswor…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Thu Jan 23, 2014
There are many factors to purchasing a home. It can be a very intimidating process. Qualifying is the most important piece of the puzzle. If you submit all the proper documentation and you qualify, the next step is finding the home. Once you have found the home, the next step is completing the transaction. There are many details that go into each step but the most important detail for you is getting per-approved.

Ascend Mortgage and Arise Realty can help you with this process because we both mortgage and real estate needs. We also have Arise and Ascend Rewards points that will go towards you closing cost. Here's a link that can explain this program in more detail:

http://ariserealty.com/AriseRewards

Feel free to contact me for more information.

Keith Bosworth
Arise Realty and Ascend Mortgage
keith@ariserealty.com http://www.ariserealty.com
Jason Walter, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Jan 22, 2014
It can seem very confusing to buy a house but that's why you hire an expert that does it everyday (i.e. a Realtor). Here is a checklist so you can see how the process works

http://www.trulia.com/blog/truliastaff/2013/12/homebuyer_s_c…

Are you looking to buy in San Francisco? If so, I referred some clients of mine to a great SF real estate agent. I can forward her contact info if you are interested.

Jason Walter

REALTOR® - lic #01923240
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - lic #103885
Hammer Real Estate Group
(916) 945-9243
Gabriel Rojas, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Hello Iris:

Congratulations on taking the first steps to finding out more about a home purchase!

To answer your question, yes, there are programs to help guide you through the home buying process. I would visit your local bank(s) to find out whether or not they offer a first-time buyer seminar. They are common in many cities across America and typically will have a Realtor there to answer questions and explain what may be needed when working with them. Personally, I am a guest speaker with Chase, Union Bank, and others here in San Francisco and really enjoy helping people to find out what this process entails.

Best of luck to you and don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Please understand, however, that your laws and practices in Houston may be different then those from other states you may talk to on Trulia.

Gabriel
David Tapper, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Hi Iris, writing this question is a good first step. Whether you are in Texas or California I would suggest you talk with your friends, family or co-workers and see if they can refer you to a knowledgeable Realtor in the area you are looking to purchase a home.

The agent should know the area, network well with other agents, have good resources like mortgage professionals, home inspectors and know the contract well and negotiate a good deal for you.

It's not that complicated, it's actually a simple business, but it requires a lot of time and hard work. The agent you choose should be able to take you by the hand and walk you through it. It's only scary to you because it's the unknown.

Best of luck, feel free to write with any other questions.

Tap
Coldwell Banker
http://www.DavidTapper.com
http://www.TeamTapper.com
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Jan 21, 2014
I would be more than happy to help you and walk you through the whole process.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
J Mario Preza, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Robert Spino…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mill Valley, CA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
I hold a free, monthly homebuyer webinar. It's only 15 minutes in length and we cover all of the basics --- not only for getting a mortgage, but also working with real estate agents on the homebuying process itself. If you'd like to join our next one on February 4, the link is below.

Hope to see you there!

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
Juan C Sanch…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Hi Iris,

It is not that complicated if you find the right agent. First thing get pre qualified to know how much house you can afford, next ask the agent to show you homes with prices based on your pre qualification plus a dowpayment. Next ask your agent for an estimate on closing costs, this way you don't have any surprises.

Buena SUERTE Iris,

Juan,
6505158210
Elva Wormley, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Jose, CA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Hi Iris,

Yes, purchasing a home can be a complicated process, however working with an experienced mortgage professional and realtor will make the process so much easier for you.

I suggest you ask your family and/or friends for some recommendations.

Best wishes,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Buying a home is a complicated process. I've often thought we should learn these practical types of things in high school.

Your best bet is to find a qualified Realtor in your city that works with first time home buyers. A good agent will take you buy the hand and guide you step-by-step.