Home Buying in Lawrence>Question Details

mabelle, Home Buyer in Lawrence, KS

It is possible to buy a decent place (apt., home) for under 60K in Lawrence KS?

Asked by mabelle, Lawrence, KS Sat Sep 21, 2013

Answers

2
Rob Lang :)’s answer
The simple answer would be to search my web reference link below to see if the 5 properties (at the time this was written) shown for under $60,000 are what you would call "decent" (which is a very subjective term). Since the average SOLD price is more than $100,000 higher, I would say that the answer to your question is most likely no. Also, a $60,000 or less property will most likely require several thousand dollars and probably tens of thousands of dollars more. In all likelihood, you will probably need to be a minimum of 20 minutes from Lawrence in order to have a chance of finding a "decent" $60,000 or under property. Sorry! I wish I had better news for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Mabelle,
In a word, no. I inform my out-of-area buyers that Lawrence is probably the most expensive place in the State of Kansas to purchase a home. With that said, no one complains when they go to resell. But, as I am fond of saying to would-be home buyers, there is an "admission price" for the privilege of living in Lawrence. It is a great place to call home, but most decent dwellings start at $100K and more likely around $125K if you really want to get down to brass tacks.

Stan Trekell
Realty Executives
785-766-6969