Is west bucktown (humboldt park) a decent area? I've heard its still pretty sketchy. Looking for a 2br condo for 120 or less

Asked by Juan Garcia, Chicago, IL Tue Feb 14, 2012

Answers

17
Greg Nagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
I have a 2 bed 2 bath for 99K at 3222 West Lemoyne that is beatifull that is in Humboldt Park.
Seth Captain, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 16, 2012
West Bucktown is the greatest Real Estate invented name of the last ten years. Walk back and forth across Western at Wabansia to understand why.

Humboldt Heights is second.

And I"m going to nominate West Hyde Park for number three.
Seth Captain, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 16, 2012

Humboldt Heights is second.

Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Hola Juan,

Best suggestion I can give you is to check out the area you prefer to be in then focus your search within that area.

You can search online hoping that what you find & like is available or you can work with a buyers agent that can "map" your search and deliver information that meets your needs/wants.

Chicago Real…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Feb 15, 2012
We specialize in that area. You can also visit our website at PlaceForUs.com and look at the neighborhood info to get a sense of the area.
Web Reference:  http://www.PlaceForUs.com
Alonzo Abron, , Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
As the other Agents stated, we can't legally state whats decent or sketchy. Whats you should do is ride around the neighbor hood at different times and days. Talk to people in the area and get a feel for the neighborhood.
Alonzo Abron, , Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Suzy Pinal, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Hi Juan- Not sure what areas you are open to including humboldt park but in this market I am confident you can find a 2 bedroom condo for $120 or less in several different neighborhoods. I would love the opportunity to assist you in your search. Please feel free to contact me via phone, text, e-mail to start discuss some great options out there.

Thanks!

Suzy Pinal
Sales and Leasing Consultant
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
425 W. North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60610
847-845-4555 (cell)
312-612-1136 (fax)
spinal@jamesonsir.com
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
We as agents cant comment on whats decent of sketchy. The best thing to do is check it out yourself. Only you can determine whats right for you. Go there at different times of the day and night. Check it out on the weekends, and visit the places you think you would go. You can also check out crime by block .com.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
As per available condos below your asking price - YES, they exist. As per quality of neighborhood, that's your call. Plenty of sales are occurring/have occurred in that neighborhood. Most of the sales are distressed but the buyers must be buying for a reason. All buyers have different motivations. Drive/walk around the neighborhood and see how you feel. Is the location convenient for your work/family/social needs? A Realtor can help find the right place for you. Feel free to call me.
Web Reference:  http://www.BJDHOMES.com
Sergiusz Zgr…, , Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Juan! I agree with others, go on a party night - especially on Saturday and check the vibes around. I would also recommend nearby Logan Square - cool, upcoming neigbourhood! I'm sure we could find you a decent place for 120k. For realtors that truly know chi-town go with Newman Realty. Call me at 1-630-935-6135, happy to assist! Sergio - Broker w. Newman Realty
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
In addition to the solid answers below, it is always a good idea to go into a neighborhood at night. Stay there for a night out, a stroll down some of the streets, etc.

Let me know if I can help
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Yes, agents can get into trouble by discussing such things as it could be construed as violating Federal anti discrimination laws such as 'steering'. Our generic response is to suggest that you check with the local police or find crime statistics. There are about 30 2br condos<135K asking price E, W, N & S of Humboldt Park at the moment
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
go to the location and walk around for a few hours on Saturday and Saturday night and see how you feel.. its not something that has a valid rating other than your own.
Web Reference:  http://www.joeschiller.net
Jeff Stewart, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Hi Juan,

Like Terry said we as Realtors can't legally say if a place is sketchy. I would recommend you drive around the neighborhood at different times of the day, go to some neighborhood restaurants, etc. in order for you to get a good feel of the neighborhood. One great thing about West Bucktown is that you can find more affordable condos and still take advantage of the location.

Just from doing a very generic search there are ten 2BD condos below $120,000 and there are a couple options that may be able to be negotiated down to $120,000. You definitely need a Realtor and I would love to guide you through the buying process as your Realtor. In order for me to show you the options, send me a quick email and we can get started with buying process!

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
jeff donnell…, Agent, Saint Charles, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
I would check out Chicago police reports for more specific details. Another way would be to drive around the area. Some streets are great others are not. To find a 2 bed at that price you would probably have to be in Humbolt park. Contact me if you would like more info.
Terry Farnsw…, Agent, Lisle, IL
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Hi Juan,

As a licensed Realtor, we can't really comment specifically on if an area, or town, is sketchy or decent. Your best bet would be to check online for statistics that support the information you are looking for. I'd be happy to send you everything available in the area that meets your criteria. Feel free to contact me via email or at http://www.SelectiveBuyer.com with any additional questions you may have!