Is trying to purchase a HUD home worth the trouble?

Asked by Missy, 39437 Thu Jan 13, 2011

My husband and I are first time home buyers, and we found a listing on trulia.com that we are interested in. It is a HUD listed home, but we are unfamiliar with the process of purchasing that type of home.

Answers

4
Ronald Windh…, Agent, Ellisville, MS
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Good morning, Missy.

My name is Ron Windham and I am a Realtor with Magnolia Real Estate, located in Ellisville. Our agency covers a wide market area, including Jones, Forrest, Covington,Jasper , Wayne and Perry counties. We are #1 in real estate transactions in the Jones county market and we sell more foreclosures than anyone in this area.

Buying a HUD home, or any foreclosure can be a great way to get a good deal on a home.. You just have to remember that you are buying "as-is" so a thorough inspection is important. The process and paperwork can seem complicated--especially to a first-time home buyer, so I recommend you let us assist you. We provide buyer's assistance at no cost or obligation to you.

Just give me call at 601-498-8109 and I will be happy to meet with you and your husband at your convenience. In the meantime you may want to check out our website: http://www.magnoliarealtors.com. It has a lot of useful information, as well as profiles on our agents.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve your real estate needs.

Ron Windham
Magnolia Real Estate, 402 Hwy 11 North, Ellisville, Ms. 39437
601-498-8109 E-mail: ronaldwindham@bellsouth.net
Century 21 A…, Agent, Hattiesburg, MS
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Missy,
Purchasing a HUD home can save you a lot of money and you can actually move into a home with instant equity if you find the right deal. I am a local ReMax agent and have assisted many buyers with HUD purchases. I have the knowledge and experience to facilitate a successful contract. I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your home search and guide you down the right path to secure the bid and obtain financing. Give me a call when you have an opportunity. I can be most easily reached at 601.297.4400. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jeff Palmer

Visit my website below to start your search right now. Just log in as a new user.
Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Most agents can assist you with buying a HUD home. It is best to find an agent with experience - find a local office and ask for the HUD expert to assist you!

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
703-216-9100
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Good Evening Missy;
Contact a local Real Estate Agent who is familiar with Hud Homes and Foreclosures. The agent will be able to advise and represent you in making an offer.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com