Is this possible when buying a home?

Asked by nicole, Greensburg, PA Sun Apr 19, 2009

There is a house they I want thats been on the market awhile now. We are in the process of getting my credit straightened out due to a divorce and credit cards were opened under my name and I didn't even know...anyways is it possible to speak with the company selling the house, and to ask them if they could set something up where if the family selling the home would wait a few more months, I would pay 7000 more then the asking price just for them holding it for me. I am not sure if you are aloud to do that. Thanks!

Answers

7
Don Mcilwain, , 15601
Mon Apr 20, 2009
It is not likely that they will wait,but they might. Let me know what house it is and I can check on their situation is to see if it would be possible. If you want, call me and I will find out and get back to you.
My cell phone is 412 916 9155.
Tony Camero, , Houston, TX
Mon Apr 20, 2009
You might be able to work out some kind of least situation...assuming that its just a time thing. If its just a matter of working things out and when certain things are cleared up in a few months that the lender would approve.......If you are willing to pay 7K more....they might do it........
Web Reference:  http://www.camerohomes.com
nicole, , Greensburg, PA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
I am already repairing my credit. Like having these creditors take these things off my credit report because I knew nothing about them, and my ex husband who did this even changed my address where these people could reach me, so I had no idea he did this! So like I said I am already taken steps to repair my credit. I believe once these people take it off, it will be much better. I just never bought a house before and I wasn't sure if you were able to ask for an extension in the closing dates... I mean I want the house I am very sure of this. Just waiting for things to clear. It would be a dream come true. Some realtors make me nervous because they are just not willing to help.

I even had someone tell me that they could get me a mortgage rate but it probably would be high interest rate. I told her I didn't mind this. I'm not really sure what I should do at this point. This whole process is so over whelming!
nicole, , Greensburg, PA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
This is in response to everyones answers to my question:

I am already reparing my credit. Like having these creditors take these things off my credit report because I knew nothing about them, and my ex husband who did this even changed my address where these people could reach me, so i had no idea he did this! So like I said I am already taken steps to repair my credit. I believe once these people take it off, it will be much better. I just never bought a house before and I wasn't sure if you were able to ask for a extension in the closing dates... I mean I want the house I am very sure of this. Just waiting for things to clear. It would be a dream come true. Some relators make me nervous because they are just not willing to help.

Leasing To O…, , Dallas, TX
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Hello there Nicole...I grew up just down the road from Greensburg!

Anyway...to your question.

Have you thought about approaching the sellers with a Lease Purchase scenerio? A Lease-to-Own deal could be a great way to move into the house now, while giving yourself time to work on your credit and to save up for a downpayment. Being that you said the house has been on the market for a while, the sellers may entertain this type of deal especially if they've had no offers. It could take the financial/mental burden off them by creating a possible sale where otherwise they could have their property on the market for several months more.

If the deal is structured properly, you could even receive Rent Credits toward the purchase price at the time you're ready to buy. The more flexible and creative you can be when structuring a real estate transaction, the more win ~ win situations can be created.

There are only 2 Rules when putting together a Lease-to-Own deal:
1). There are no Rules.....
and
2) See Rule #1

I HIGHLY recommend that if you put something like this together, you find someone VERY familiar with Creative Real Estate Deals. This includes an Educated Investor (such as myself or one of my fellow associates in PA), a TRULY KNOWLEDGABLE Realtor (if you want to go that route), and an attorney/title company who TRULY understand Lease Purchases.

If you ever want to learn about Lease Purchases or any other solutions/posibilities, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or give me a call(no obligation on your part, whatsoever). I'm here to help BOTH buyers and sellers in putting deals together while hopefully saving them from paying the commissions and overcoming current day paradigms (or the inability or refusal to see beyond the current models of thinking) generally associated with Real Estate Agents.

I actually dropped my Real Estate License so that I could assist more families and individuals in putting deals together. It was wayyyyy to difficult to get creative deals done while being a Realtor because they (most Brokers) want you to do things the "Traditional Way". Either that, or they don't understand that there are other solutions to sell or buy a house beyond the typical "retail deals" that involve MLS listings.

Hopefully this gives you a few more options.
Web Reference:  http://www.hhiinvesting.com
Scott Ludwick, Agent, Greensburg, PA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Hello Nicole,
If the propery you are considering has been on the market for a while, they may be open to a delayed closing without you having to over pay for the property. I work with a lender that has helped a lot of people in your situaion and may be able to expedite your credit repair. Feel free to give me a call tomorrow, Monday and I will be able to better help you.
Have a nice evening,
Scott
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Your best bet is to contact a local Realtor and have them negotiate on your behalf.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com