Is this home still beautiful inside and out?

Asked by Jean Cichaski, Las Vegas, NV Mon Sep 3, 2012

My late father in law grew up in 29 Washington Terrace. It was owned by AJ and Mary Sneed Davis. AJ had an investment firm. I used to love to hear the stories. Years ago before he died my late husband and his Dad came thru St. Louis and were actually able to visit the old home. Once we found an old poster with a photo of this home and the comment about "deserving the very best." In the early 1900's this was a truly elegant part of town with a huge gated entry

Answers

2
Dan Brassil, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Sounds like it is still a gorgeous home to me! Thanks for looking that up James.
James Michael…, , Saint Louis, MO
Mon Sep 3, 2012
The home was sold to Kevin and Patti Short on 2/26/2001 for $750,000. The MLS marketing remarks at that time state: "WITHIN THIS GATED PRIVATE PLACE! STRIKING INTERIOR DETAIL! ORNATE PLASTER, POCKET DOORS, 9 FIREPLACES W/DECORATIVE MANTELS, 12 FT HIGH CEILINGS, PANELED WAINSCOT & BEAUTIFUL HARDWOOD FLOORS! GRACIOUS LIVING AT ITS BEST! GRAND ENTRY HALL, DRAWING RM, PARLOR, MUSIC RM, SOLARIUM & COMPLETE W/PORTE COCHERE! TRULY REMINISCENT OF ANOTHER ERA YET UPDATED TO ACCOMODATE TODAY'S BUSY LIFESTYLE!!"
Which house is this?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012