Is there such a thing as a 90 day escrow?

Asked by Ronda English, Bishop, CA Sun Oct 28, 2012

Answers

4
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Yes, but it will specifically be based on what the seller and buyer can agree on.
Cathryn Dobb…, Home Buyer, Long Beach, CA
Tue Jan 10, 2017
Does a 90 day escrow requested by the seller hinder the sale of the house? The purpose would be so that seller has time to look for a house in another state.
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Ron is right. You can make the escrow period any number of days that you and the seller agree to, there is no such thing as a "standard escrow period." It's always a good idea for the buyer's agent to ask the seller's agent if they have any guidance regarding potential terms prior to submitting an offer. I always tell the buyer's agent stuff like: "the seller is looking to close escrow between December 20th and December 31st" or "the seller wants an inspection contingency period of no more than 20 days," whatever the seller might have shared with me that is not confidential. But I always tell the buyer's agent that this is merely guidance, the buyer is always free to submit an offer with any price and terms they want.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Sure; whatever you and the Seller agree to:
On some REO's and Shortsales, the Banks are very agreeable to long Escrow;
I guess they need that long to get their ducks-in-a-row.
If you're worried about it; either put down a DATE, instead of the number of days, or, put down 88 days. (At that point in time, you really don't know when the clock will start.)

Good luck and may God bless