Is there any way around the "2 years from chapter 7 discharge" rule?

Asked by Lori, 46038 Fri Feb 17, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ken Fisher, Agent, Fishers, IN
Sat Feb 18, 2012
Definitely yes! Just maintain an exceptional credit history from the date of the discharge and use an experienced real estate broker to secure a nice home using lease, then purchase or lease with option. Of course, you must use every effort to build your credit while you are awaiting your desired sale closing date. Visit
0 votes
Gregorio Den…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Feb 17, 2012
No there isn't for FHA or conforming financing. If it was a 13 then there are provisions with FHA for purchasing after 12 months, but not with a 7.
Web Reference:  http://HARP2Info.Com
0 votes
Alan Densmore, Agent, Avon, IN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
There are a number of variables to consider. The primary issue would be the cause of the bankruptcy. Medical?
0 votes
David Mennen, , Indiana
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Lori - Maybe. It depends on what percentage of the BK was medical.....
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more