Is there any town that you would recommend for someone that has horses?

Asked by Mcifuni, Palm City, FL Thu May 24, 2012

I would love to own a home where I could also have my horses but would be fine with a near by stable

Answers

8
Stacey Vinson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Jan 10, 2014
So nice. If you would like to live in North Carolina, especially in the Charlotte area, then Waxhaw or Marvin, NC would be a great place. Beautiful area with a lot of horse farms and/or stables as well as host to The Queens Cup Steeplechase right outside of Waxhaw. I live in this area and know it well. Feel free to call on me! Thank you!
Tom Sommers, Agent, Lakeville, MN
Sat Dec 7, 2013
I own a 5 acre hobby farm because my wife owns horses. Even she is getting sick of all of the work. I would suggest you sell the horses and lease one or do the stable thing. At least you will spend your time riding them instead of fixing fence.
Becky Peed, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat Dec 7, 2013
There are many option. Depending on your priorities outside of the stable, you can go North or South Charlotte South Carolina is also an option if you wanted to save on taxes. I can help steer you in the right direction.
I would love to help you with your move to Charlotte, I am a horse owner as well.

Let's talk. 704-578-0511
Pat Muñoz, , Charlotte, NC
Sun Feb 17, 2013
I recommend the Waxhaw area. And Wesley Chapel. Close enough to town and horse properties everywhere. I have listed a beautiful home for sale in that area. Check it out!!!
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri May 25, 2012
Good afternoon MciFuni:
You will find that many areas suited for equestrian lifestyle around the Greater Charlotte suburban fringe. Most zoning ordinances around here require you to have at least 1 acre per horse. If your equestrian activities are income producing and you are on 11+ acres (10 acres + one for the house), you can qualify for an agricultural exemption. The main consideration is how nice of a home you want and how much are prepared to spend on your home and acreage. If you want to be in the country, you'll have the most choices. If you want to be in an upscale suburban equestrian community, you'll need several hundred thousand. If you want to be in an upscale community but cannot afford the equestrian oriented subdivisions, we'd be looking at stables and buying the home you want in a nearby location. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
Paula Nguyen…, Agent, FORT MILL, SC
Fri May 25, 2012
You would be surprised at how many horse properties are located in York, Lancaster and Union counties. These areas are well known for equestrians like myself, whether you are looking for a self-service situation, boarding, training, trail riding, cross country, showing, hunting or simply enjoy admiring your pasture ornament from your kitchen! There are several neighborhoods with equestrian facilities, depending on your budget, and also plenty to choose from should you decide to board or lease your own property through local resources that I can put you in touch with. I would be happy to help when you are ready! 704.607.0255 or pjnguyen543@gmail.com.
Jen Wetzel, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Thu May 24, 2012
I would say that Waxhaw, Mineral Springs, Weddington and Monroe, NC would be your best bet. Let me know if you would like me to send you some listings to meet your needs. You can email me at jen1@kw.com.

I am a resident of Waxhaw and know it well!

Jen Mildenberger
Web Reference:  http://www.WithJenYouWin.com
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Thu May 24, 2012
What price point are you in? E-mail me directly, I know of some good areas and properties that may meet what you need.

John Siddons
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com
704-458-1843
http://www.searchcharlotte.com
http://www.johnsiddons.com