Connie Potter, Home Buyer in Robertsdale, AL

Is there any rent to own programs out there to help us get in a home while we are building our scores?

Asked by Connie Potter, Robertsdale, AL Wed Sep 12, 2012

Answers

3
My advice?
Build your scores first - then make sure you will qualify for a loan.......and then go and buy a home.

Rent to own is not necessarily good for the buyer - usually, there is non refundable upfront, option money that you will forfeit if you do not buy the home for whatever reason.

Make sure you understand ALL the pros and cons of this kind of arrangement before agreeing to anything.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Not All the people that rent to own are like that what one Broker below said.

I dont Rent. but do a contract for Deed.. recorded I've done many of them and have set it up where the client purchasing the property has successfully followed instructions and then Refi in as little as 12 months.
Want to know more email me at we_buyproperties@yahoo.com
You need to go speak with a mortgage professional for advice about what you need to do to get in a position to buy.

If you live in Baldwin County, you can also contact Baldwin Housing Alliance http://(www.baldwinhousingalliance.com, 251-210-8925) for free credit counseling. They can guide you through the credit-rebuilding process, as well as to share information about how to qualify for FHA or USDA loans and/or down-payment assistance.

Hang onto my name and number. Once a lender agrees you are ready and is willing to provide you with a prequalification letter, it's time to start the house hunt!