Home Buying in Denton>Question Details

Frank & Mich…, Home Buyer in Denton, TX

Is there any real estate investors out there that help purchase a home?

Asked by Frank & Michele Herrera, Denton, TX Mon Dec 17, 2012

Looking to find an investor to help with buying a home. We have found a home that would be big enough for our family. Needing to rent it for a year, then we can get it financed. Don't want to loose out on the home.

Frank and Michelle,

I would find a Realtor that does deal in leases to assist with the agreement. Once you find a home and move in, make sure that you pay rent in check or electronic transfer from your bank account so you'll be able to verify the rent payments for a mortgage lender. Most will not allow the landlord to verify rent when they are also the seller.

Use the year wisely, and get as much cash saved as possible, and make sure all bills are paid on time to get yourself in position to buy that home.

Contact me with questions.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor-NMLS 280951
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
First, keep in mind that you won't likely find an investor who is willing to purchase a property at retail simply to help you achieve your goal of ownership down the line. The investor will require a return on the investment and if he/she pays retail, they would likely be forced to owner finance the home to you in a year since values are not increasing at a rate to give the investor a return on their so-called "investment." So, unless the home is below market or unless the owner is willing to owner finance to the investor, you'll likely have a tough time convincing an investor to move forward.
I can help out! I work tons of leases here in the Denton area and can negotiate a great deal for you on the house once the lease is up!
Would love to help!

Mary Kathryn Clay - Realtor
RE/MAX North Associates
3111 Unicorn Lake Blvd. #110
Denton, TX 76210
Fax: 940-349-9294
Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX!
Do you have a real estate agent/broker representing you on this property? If not, contact me, and I'll find an investor to step in based on your situation.

Brent Rice, Top Recommended Broker
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com