Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

M_davis2, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Is there an area of Houston that exceeds other areas with respect to new movers? In other words high activity, people moving a lot.

Asked by M_davis2, Houston, TX Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

5
It is really difficult to give you any specifics as to area. This will depend solely on your needs and wants. My suggestion is that you talk to some of your friends and ask them where they live, drive the areas on weekends and in this way get a feel of the areas. When you have narrowed it down, please give me a call or contact me and I will be happy to show you some properties.
Individual needs and wants usually dictate a desirable location. With so many growing areas in and around Houston I would suggest you use a process of elimination as to your particular needs and interests. This would include, commute to work. Schools and family. Activities you enjoy (For example:Do you play golf and prefer to be in a master planned community? etc;) Or are you looking strictly from an investment standpoint. In which case, the energy corridor is growing and has seen relative home price stability recently with new growth in employment within the oil and gas corps. There are plans in the works for continued improvement and growth in that area.
If I can be of further assistance then please contact me: 832-274-7572
Web Reference: http://agoodehome.com
Houston in general has a lot of people moving in and out...mostly in at this point. Many of the master planned communities tend to attract corporate relocation families. Those families are looking for extra ammenitiies, high standards in building/area development as well as good schools. The hope is the excellent standards in the community will translate to better resale.

The Katy area (west Houston) includes communities like Cinco Ranch, Seven Meadows and Cross Creek Ranch. The Cypress area (northwest Houston) is also doing very well with communities like Towne Lake and Bridgeland. Visit my web site and review many of these master planned neighborhoods. http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php Let us know if we can assist you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Lots of areas of Houston are growing right now! Particularly areas with new construction (so a lot of suburb areas).

The Woodlands area (including areas of Spring, The Woodlands & further north - Conroe, Magnolia, etc.) is growing, like Carolyn said, partly because of Exxon's new campus there, but also because it is a great area for shopping, dining, etc. with easy access to I-45.

Cypress is also growing, where Town Lake and Bridgeland are developing. Grand Parkway's construction (connecting I-45 & I-10) is encouraging growth along the areas where it will run.

The Atascocita and Summerwood areas have a lot of new construction & growth, also. Pearland, too - it has easy access to the medical center and downtown.

As you can see, there are lots to choose from! And this doesn't even cover all of it. We'd be happy to help you in your search - message us or give us a call. We have Buyer's Agents on staff who can determine exactly what you're looking for and help you find it!

The Loken Group
281- 861- 4624
info@TheLokenGroup.com
There is so much going on in Houston right now, and people are coming in from all over the country, and the world for that matter! It really comes down to the schools and what type of commute for work is desired.

The Woodlands/Conroe is getting alot of attention because of the new Exxon campus that is destined to be completed in 2015, and the area schools are good.

The Medical Center has always been a hot spot too. Meyerland and Bellaire is close by and very nice.

The Heights and Spring Branch are good alternatives for people who do not like to commute, but if you dont mind the drive, both Katy and Cypress have excellent schools and road construction in these areas are finally taking some of the traffic load off of the drive time...

http://www.houstonnewcomerguides.com/ is an excellent resourse for new comers to our city.

Check out my website and send me a messege if you are considering relocating to Houston, I will be happy to assist you and your family find the perfect home.