Is there an area in Lorain good for a retired couple in their 70's to relocate? We are looking for a one story home located where we could walk?

Asked by Carolyn Bloomfield, Eastlake, OH Tue Sep 11, 2012

Answers

7
Tim Cunningh…, Agent, Lakewood, OH
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi Carolyn,

Upon seeing your posted question, instead of giving you general information I did a MLS search and found four possibilities for you. All of the homes are relatively new (built after 2004) and have the amenities I think a couple like you would be interested in. Feel free to contact me by phone, email, or text message regarding my search findings.

Tim Cunningham
Prudential Lucien Realty
440-670-3756
timc@lucienrealty.com
Thank you so much for your reply and taking the time to search. It will be a year or so until we are able to move. We have a home here in Allentown to sell before we could move. That would enable us to make a cash purchase. Our son wants us to make an exploratory trip to Ohio to look at some areas we are considering to see where we would like and we may be doing that this fall. Meanwhile, I have been looking at listings on Trulla and Homes.com in order to get an idea of what homes are available in our price range and what we would like in a home. We are both firm believers in prayer and are already praying that God would lead us to the home He has for us in Ohio. On other moves we have made over the years we have made a list of what we would like in a home (one time including the color of the bathroom) and when we purchased the new home everthing we had on our list and prayed about was there. So we are confident that this future move will be no exception.
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
James Rieth*, Agent, Lorain, OH
Tue Sep 11, 2012
West side of Lorain is a nice neighborhood, plenty of ranch styled homes, sidewalks to walk on and parks and shopping to walk to!
goldbuyer, Home Owner, Lorain, OH
Tue Oct 16, 2012
The Oak Point Road area on the west side of lorain is great, as is the Martin's Run development.
caron Piszcz…, Home Owner, Wellington, OH
Sat Sep 15, 2012
We are selling a cluster home in Wellington, Lorain county. This area has a lot of retired couples here. We have a small association fee of $50 a month for grass cutting, snow removal, mulch and schrub trimming. This home is ranch style with laundry off kitchen. We have a park nearby that is beautiful to walk around the lake with a beautiful activity center. This home has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and we feel it is very pleasing to all generations.
Carrie Leona…, Agent, Elyria, OH
Tue Sep 11, 2012
There is a very nice neighborhood in Avon that has a community center with lots of activites and another in N. Ridgeville that is comparable.
Is Avon a rather high priced area compared to Lorain? We are hoping to find a home that is no more than $75,000. Hopefully our home here in Allentown will sell for a good price and we would be able to pay cash for our new home in Ohio. Would you have more negotiating leverage as a cash buyer than if you were going to go with a mortgage purchase? I do thank you for you taking time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it.
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012
Gail Maier, Agent, Amherst, OH
Tue Sep 11, 2012
I have a moble home in Amherst for sale $56,500. It has three bedrooms and an all season sun room. 201 Amherst Moble Home Park Redwood Ct. Trails End off of Rt. 113/Rt. 58.
Carrie Leona…, Agent, Elyria, OH
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Good afternoon. Are you looking in the city of Lorain or Lorain County?