Is there a web site that will list the number of sales in the past 3 months for a given zip code?

Asked by April, Potomac, MD Mon Mar 24, 2008

I would like to know what the homes are actually selling for right now. It would be great if there was a website that had the address, the listed price, the date listed and then the actual sales date and sales price. Is there anyplace to get that type of information online? Thanks!

Answers

4
David M. Chi…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Mon Mar 24, 2008
Your county website has all the sales in an area. Also, Zillow.com has a lot of useful info. And, you can always ask a local realtor for help, that is one of the items we do for people. Good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinakron.com
April, Both Buyer And Seller, Potomac, MD
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Wow! I am knew to Trulia so didn't know what it offered. I'm surprised nobody even told me that I can get a lot of the information I am looking for right here on this website!! Fairly easy to use as well. I normally have always used Zillow as David told me to do but I will also be using turlia in the future. Just a FYI for anyone who might be reading this question.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Mon Mar 24, 2008
From your local county office, you can get recent sales data that includes buyer, seller, sale date, and purchase price.

Realtors can access MLS data, and that data includes only properties which were sold while they were actively listed in the MLS. If you have a solid buyer agency relationship w/ a Realtor, they will often do a bit more homework for you and search for data beyond what is in the MLS database.
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Thanks Deborah but I was really looking for a web site that I could use in the comfort of my home in the evenings. Your information was helpful though. I found this website today on google and it isn't perfect but it does allow me to punch in an address and then it shows me the recent sales in that area, what type of sale it was, the sales price and sales date and the document number (I don't know what that is yet). It's not everything I would like in one place but it's the closest I have found.

David, your answer was helpful too. I checked the local county office website and it did have lots of information. It wasn't very user friendly though. You mentioned zillow and it is helpful. I use that site all the time. This new site I found seemed to help even more. Thanks though.
Web Reference:  http://www.city-data.com