Is there a way to find out where mello roos taxes are located?

Asked by Pet, 99206 Sun Apr 6, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Mon Aug 17, 2009
Almost all of the newer areas of Southwest Riverside County have tax assessments. The older areas don't have them and the base tax rate is only 1% of the value of the home or slightly over 1%.

Assessments are nothing more than tax bonds that the County of Riverside allowed the builders to pass onto the homeowner. The bonds are used for infrastructure and other street and community improvements. They have a time limit of 20 or 30 years usually.

You can find out more at the Riverside County Tax Assessor's website:

Or go to one of the Riverside County Tax Assessor locations to ask about a specific property.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Rachel Moore, , Temecula, CA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
One of my duties to my clients is to provide them with a complete profile of the property which will include a detailed tax roll. Unfortunately there is no easy way to find which neighborhoods have or don't have supplemental or special assessments. As Realtors we do have access to obtain tax rolls quickly. If you would like myself or my team to assist you please call us at 951-200-1732.
0 votes
Joe Nalley, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Tue Apr 22, 2008
Yes, there is a way to fine out about Mello Roos and Special Assessment taxes it is a little tricky for the average person but your Realtor can get that info for you pretty easily
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more