Joann Socash, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

Is there a resource for recent sales data?

Asked by Joann Socash, San Antonio, TX Tue Sep 16, 2008

I'm a prospective buyer just starting research.
I'm interested in the neighborhood around Archers Bow Rd (78232-4992)... but will be looking around too.

Answers

5
Stephanie K, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed May 19, 2010
HI Joann, I work and live in this area- actually I am in 78216, but just across 281 in the Bitters Blanco area, so I was very interested in your question. The other responses are correct - Texas is a non-disclosure state, so I was pleasantly surprised to see what a cool site Cyberhomes has to offer. I did a test using my own house and one that I closed on Monday on Brook hollow in 78232, just to see what they came up with since I could not find the source for their data. They gave themselves an enormous range of almost $40,000 on the two houses that I pulled. That is a lot for the one on Brook hollow, which sold for less than $200,000 - almost 1/5 of the cost of the home. The actual sales price was close to the bottom of their range. I know that in my community they are probably pretty close in price, if the house has had no upgrades and is dated, etc. but how are you going to know that from a website? And there's that thing with a $40,000 range. My house would sell close to the top price, or I wouldn't sell it at all. Bottom line - websites are great place to do your research and get a ball park idea of what is going on in an area, but if you are a buyer, it should not cost you a dime to have representation, and let someone who sells houses full time, on regular basis help you through this process. We sell and have sold lots of houses every year for the last 19 or 20 years in this area. Believe it or not, we really do like to help! In San Antonio, the primary source of the data for appraisers, and even for the tax appraiser is the San Antonio Board of Realtors multiple listing service. For the most accurate up to date information, Call a realtor.

Stephanie Kelley, ABR, CRS, GRI
Keller Williams, Legacy
210 867 8743
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Sep 17, 2008
Texas is a non-disclosure state. The seller can hide from public view what was paid for a property.
Realtors do, however, record sales data in the MLS database of the board they are members of so that other Realtors can go back and compare sales data.
Your best source for Texas information is a Realtor, but he may not always have complete data. Because..
There is a field that Realtors can check to zero out the sales data upon request of the buyer/seller of a property to make even that private data hidden from other Realtors. Also, there is normally a field for seller concessions to be recorded for comparison purposes, but many Realtors fail to fill this in properly, making the sales price slightly inflated. Not all sales go through real estate brokerages, despite our best efforts to cause that to happen. You likely will be unable to ascertain the sales price on private sales without asking the new owner what he paid.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Get-smart, , Durham, NC
Sun Apr 26, 2009
You can try Cyberhome.com to see what other homes are selling for if they are available.
Cody Waters, , 78258
Wed Sep 17, 2008
Howdy Joann,
I would be happy to get you the information you are looking for. Just shoot me an e-mail and I can get you information on homes currently on the market, and sales prices for any particular area you are interested in!

Blessings!
Cody Waters
210-542-3032
codywaters@remax.net
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Sep 16, 2008
Joann,

Contact a real estate professional. They have the resources and ability to provide you with the information you require.

We would be happy to refer a top level agent to work with you...call 941-408-5363

The "Eckler Team"
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com