Is there a rental market for Orangevale?

Asked by David Young, Sacramento, CA Fri Oct 14, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a house for investment purposes.....hoping to sell it within 10 - 15 years and then use it to buy something else when I retire. Is there a demand for rentals in Orangevale? I heard that it more rural compared to the other greater sacramento areas like Roseville. The schools appear be to decent though.

Answers

3
Bill Boone, Agent, Roseville, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Hello I was born and raised in Orangevale. My parents still live live there after 30 years on Elm Ave. My aunt and uncle live on Pecan for over 40 years! Here is the latest rental survey stats for 4th Quarter 2011:

95662 (23) rented properties 3br 2ba single family home average rents $1,300 (High) $1,695
Orangevale is a desirable community to live. Your in the city but has that country feel/charm to it. Lots of surrounding horse properties.

There is demand for rental properties in Orangevale and resale is strong very close to Folsom! I would be happy to sit down with you and talk more about this. We work 24/7 so anytime is good just let me know.
My cell is 916 747-0991 billboone@kw.com
Roneel Raj, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Yes, there is a demand for rentals in Orangevale.
Cindy Hipwell, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Absolutely there is a rental market for Orangevale and frankly there's a shortage of homes available there. Escpecially 4 bedroom ones. My latest rental survey says average rents for 4 to 5 bedroom home is $1858 a month which is on the high side. I would say to purchase with expectations of $1750. There are duplexs available as well, however those are mostly 2 bedroom/1 bath and if you want to sell in 10 to 15 years you will get more appreciation on a single family home. You need to consider your exit strategy when buying. If you are looking to pay something off and just collect passive income, you'd look for something that would make it easy to do that. If you want to sell for equity gain and buy something else...go with single family in a good school area. I like Orangevale because it has not been as impacted as parts of Roseville and you won't have the competition the new parts of Roseville will have when the market comes back and everyone wants to sell their investments and the builders selling new stuff they'll be building again. Hope that helps.