Is there a mortgage program for U.S. citizen living abroad looking to purchase a house in the U.S.A.?

Asked by Sean Michael Magane, Reykjavik, Iceland Wed Oct 29, 2008

I am a U.S. citizen living in Reykjavik, Iceland and I would like to find a mortgage company that would work with me in purchasing a house in Lunenburg, MA. I have been living in Iceland for 5 years. I purchased a apartment and plan to rent it January 1, 2009. I do not have a credit report to get financing with a traditional financing program in the U.S.A.. Therefore, I am looking for a mortgage company that will use my financial/ credit information from Iceland to purchase a home in Lunenburg, MA. Are there any programs out there that match this discription?

Answers

4
J, Home Buyer, Raleigh, NC
Fri Sep 3, 2010
Hi Sean,

My husband and I are in a similar situation. Just wondering if you were able to find a lender to work with you?

Jennifer
Catherine Ma…, Agent, West Newbury, MA
Wed Oct 29, 2008
Hi Sean,

I spoke with Sandra Crory at Rollstone Bank in Townsend. Her contact info is: (978)597-6568 or email @ Sandra.Crory@rollstonebank.com They are able to utilize alternative credit sources when processing your mortgage application. If you do contact her, mention my name as that will help jog her memory on the details of your desire to purchase a home in the area.

Lunenburg is a lovely town and I'm quite familiar with the entire area. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Catherine Condon
INTEGRITY Residential Brokerage
Pepperell, MA
(978)433-0000 x14
Web Reference:  http://www.Integrity-RB.com
The Moores', , Templeton, MA
Wed Oct 29, 2008
Dear Sean Michael,

Originally from Lancaster myself and working the Clinton to Templeton Marketplace I think I can help.

Do you already have the property in Lunenburg picked out?

I spoke to Kathleen Flaherty at Clinton Savings Bank in Clinton and she said yes she believes she has a program that will work for you. She can be reached at kflaherty@clintonsavings.com or by phone at 978-365-3700 x 238 or by cell at 508-395-3197 just let her know that you are the buyer Karissa Moore of Hogan Real Estate called about.

Good Luck and feel free to contact me if you need anything else at 978-407-3054
Rick, Agent, Harvard, IL
Wed Oct 29, 2008
Sean Michael Magane,
Contact Drew Mortgage at 1-800-698-1656 or ask your question via email - klee@DrewMortgage.com.

They are a local lender and should be able to support your needs.
Ask for Doug and, if you choose, tell them I referred you. I receive no referral fee.

When you are pre-approved, email me to assist you in your search for property in Lunenburg, MA.
Rick
trulia@PowderHouseRealtyGroup.com